twenty four- hideout

"you. little. bitch. you fucking jerk! this is the second boyfriend of mine you've tried to get with!" I yelled and pushed her.

"oh, but sweety? I had your last boyfriend begging to see my pretty face," she flipped her hair and smirked as she started to walk away.

"Steph, come back into my life again and I'll break that "pretty face." got it?" I pursed my lips and stood my ground.

she stopped, but didn't turn around. she took a deep breath, fixed her hair, and walked out of the bar.

goodbye and good riddance.

bitch.

-

after we got back to the cabin i headed straight to the bedroom. it had been a long day and all I wanted was to cuddle with Michael until I fell asleep.

i got comfortable under the covers and realized I hadn't even said a word to Michael since we got back.

"babe? baaaaaabbbeee?" Michael sang. I could hear him walking throughout the cabin, his bare feet padding across the wooden floor.

"bedroom!" I called and snuggled back under the covers.

I turned on the television and looked for something to watch.

"DEVON! THE BIG BANG THEORY! THE BIG BANG THEORY!" Michael screamed as he ran into our bedroom and jumped on the bed.

"okay! okay! calm down, Clifford!" I laughed and pulled him down so he was laying next to me.

after about 10 minutes of watching the show, Michael looked at me.

"you know, I think it's hot that you stood up to Steph. what the hell does she have against you anyway?" Michael grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers.

"thanks? and I don't know! she just popped into my life and suddenly hated me. whatever. I don't need to be associated with bitches like her," I kept my gaze on the show while Michael laughed and kissed my forehead.

suddenly, the quiet was broken by Michael's phone buzzing. it felt like that happened a lot lately.

"holy shit. get up. we gotta go. pack all your stuff. we're leaving. now!" Michael quickly jumped out of bed and started packing his suitcase.

"what the actual fuck? why?" I slowly crawled out from the covers.

"ASHTON IS COMING HERE. NOW!" Michael screamed.

"what the hell?! why?! what's happening?!" I said loudly, not as loudly as michael.

"read this!" Michael tossed me his phone and started packing up my clothes.

Ashton: michael, I'm tired of hiding how I feel for Devon. okay, I had a plan to get her back, but you really got her... I know you're at her family's cabin. I'm coming there. I'm sorry if it ruins your guys' weekend, but I need to see her. I'm sorry, man.

"holy shit. what the hell is happening? why is this happening?! he can't come here! he can't-" I started pacing back and forth, freaking out.

"calm down, Devon! baby! it'll be okay. we just gotta get out of here. finding packing. I'll get some food," michael stopped me and calmed me down.

okay.

I'm okay.

I'm not okay.

I hurriedly finished packing my bag and grabbed mine and Michael's. I then walked out of the bedroom, to the kitchen where I saw michael putting a whole bunch of snacks into a paper bag.