the end.

now, I can finally explain what I was taking about when I said "question marks mean something!"
this, my friends, will be an alternate ending:-)
also, the picture above is what I pictured Devon to look like throughout the whole story. I didn't want to ruin your guys' view of her, or how you perceived her to look in your mind, but I figured it would be cool if you finally saw Devon as how I saw her:-)
so here we go!
the scene that I'll be writing here takes place when she was waiting for her note pal to arrive at the library.
I hope that wasn't too confusing lol
-

7:45.

I closed my eyes until I heard footsteps walking towards me.

I looked up.

"holy shit. Devon?!" he half-screamed, as we are in a library.

"it's you? it's always been you?" I asked, shooting up from the desk.

"I knew it! I just knew I had a connection with my note pal. I'm so glad i finally know it's you," he lunged forward and hugged me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'm so glad it's you, Michael. I'm so glad it's you," I buried my face in his neck.

to be truthful, I was glad it was him.

but, it took away some of the "wow factor."

I wanted it to be someone I would never suspect.

I wanted it to be someone like Ashton.

but, it's Michael.

and, I guess that makes me happy.

we let go of each other and looked in each other's eyes.

"I love you," we said simultaneously, causing us to laugh.

"how do we always do that?" I asked, giggling.

our locked view on each was cut short when we heard something hitting the floor.

we turned around to see him standing there.

what seemed to be a box for jewelry on the floor.

"Ashton? what are you doing here?" I stepped slightly towards him.

"I was going to- I thought maybe-" he stopped stuttering and took a breath, obviously trying to contain himself.

"I thought that I finally found a place where we could be us. earlier? when we were outside near the pond? I thought that was a turning point..." ashton trailed off.

"ashton, I'm sorry. but I love Michael. I loved you with all my heart and you threw that away. I am now completely, 100 percent, totally in love with Michael Clifford. end of story."

-

SO
THERES ENDING #2
I decided to make this one sweet and cute idk
I kinda hate it and love it :-)
so here's my final author's note

thank you all for reading this story of mine. it's my first fanfic and I never thought it would turn out like this. my writing has evolved so much because of this story and because of all of you readers. thank you for actually putting time to reading this. :-)
I hope I made you laugh, cry, smile, read with suspense...I hope I made you feel something while reading this.
that's all any writer wants to do.
I loved writing this and I love you all.
if you'd like to read more by me, in starting a new story called "The Fabulists."
I plan on it being very...different.
I'm pretty sure there's going to be a lot of surprises and *gasp* moments :-)

alright well
this is it

I love you guys <3