Chapter 5

Piper's P.o.V.

With two unconsious demigods at my feet, I successfully fended off several more attacks against the flag. It wasn't until Jenna came charging into the clearing waving the blue flag wildly above her head, that I let my guard down.

Carefully stepping over the several (27, but who's counting, right?) unconsious blue teamers, I made my way over to Jenna and gave a her congratulatory high-five. Promtly after that, she turned and kissed her boyfriend, Preston, right on the lips.

I looked away, and went to go help up a groaning Shark Bait.

"That's what you get for frying to steal mg flag!" I sang, while pulling him to his feet.

"Yeah yeah." he muttered. "Let's just go back to the Big House, and never speak of this again."

He hobbled off into the woods, and I followed, mostly to make sure that he didn't walk into a tree or something. He didn't walk into a tree.

He tripped over a chicken.

It let out a loud angry squack and flapped its wings, gaining a small amount of air time, before landing back on the ground a few feet away.

"Dammit Percy." I muttered, dragging the bumbling idiot to his feet. We were about to start walking, when I heard a voice.

"Piper McLean. " It said. I want your heart."

I turned slowly and saw the chicken's yellow eyes staring at me.

"Piper McLean." It reapeated. "I want your heart."

And then it lunged at us.

Hello.

This chapter is dedicated to for @el_y13 their awesome comment last chappy.

Shameless self-promotion time:

I am starting a new book. It will also be a Perper/Pipercy/Whatever-the-hell-you-guys-call-them story.

It shall be called A Step To Far. Chapter one is up now.

It's a very different style than this one