Chapter 9

Piper's P.o.V.

Are you kidding me?

Are you fricking kidding me?

THE CHICKEN SPILLED OUR POPCORN!

It was all over the carpet, its buttery goodness picking up lint and foot dirt.

5 second rule...

I practically dove off the couch, to scoop as much popcorn back into the bowl as possible in 5 seconds. I had to save it, it was my last package of Movie Theatre, and Regular wasn't nearly up to par.

"Piper!" yelped Percy, "A little help here!"

I glanced back to see the white chicken pecking furiously at my boyfriends face, while his arms flailed uselessly about. Rolling my eyes, I chucked the bowl in my hands at the chicken. It hit, and with a startled squawk, the chicken was knocked over momentarily stunned.

Percy used the opportunity to grab the chicken and stuff it in the empty bird cage we had conveniently hanging from the ceiling. Why we had a bird cage conveniently hanging from the ceiling, I have no idea. At the moment, I wasn't complaining.

And then I realized what I had chucked at the chicken. The bowl, no longer filled with popcorn. My last Movie Theatre packet all over Shark Bait's stupid face.

.

.

.

—————————————————*———

.

.

.

"What do we do with it?" Leo asked, screeching his curly head.

"LEO VALDEZ!! I WANT YOUR HEART!!"

"And how does it know all our names?" He added, taking a spoonful of cheerios from his bowl and placing them in his mouth.

"No clue. We were hoping you would know." Percy replied, taking a bite of his own cereal and a swig of coffee. Neither of us had gotten any sleep last night due to the racket this dam chicken was making.

"PERCY JACKSON!! I WANT YOUR HEART!!"

"Also, the whole 'I want your heart thing' is kinda creepy." I interjected, trying to concentrate on my Lucky Charms without falling asleep.

"PIPER MCLEAN!! I WANT YOUR HEART!!"

"Dude, back off." Percy growled at the chicken. "Her hearts mine."

"GAG!" Leo yelled.

"LEO VALDEZ!! I WANT Y-"

"My heart, yeah, we get it." Leo finished, slamming his empty bowl on the table. "I'm going back to Calypso. YOu guys need to solve this chicken problem before something...fowl happens."

With a cheery wave, he left.

What I didn't realize at the time was, he would never make it back to Calypso.