Chapter 13

*So to clear up confusion from last chapter*

The Chicken Lord performed evil voodoo chicken magic on Leo and swapped his heart with a chicken's. This also caused their bodies to swap. It was also revealed that this is what happened to Jason and Annabeth 20 years ago. Basically Leo, Jason, and Annabeth's bodies are possessed by chickens, and it wasn't Jason and Annabeth who cheated on Percy and Piper, it was the chickens in their bodies.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Piper's P.o.V.

"You!"

"YOU!"

I looked up just in time to see Allie Fouch walk into the Big House. She was the last of three people we had recruited for this quest to arrive, and definitely did not look happy to see Johanna. The two girls were glaring murderously at each other, and Johanna had even gripped the handle of her slender sword. 

I quickly got to my feet and moved to stand between them. "Woah woah, what's going on?"

"You accepted her  for the quest? Are you kidding me?!" They both cried in unison. "I'm not working with her!" 

"She's an incompetent thief!" Allie cried.

"She's a stuck-up know-it-all!" Johanna yelled.

"Hey! Stop! Where's this all coming from!" I asked.

"She stole my boyfriend!"

"I didn't steal him! It's not my fault he was just more attracted to me that you!"

"That doesn't matter! You couldn't keep him either! He ran off and left you too!" 

"Well I kept him for longer than you!"

"Well, I didn't steal him from my best friend!"

"For the last time! I didn't steal him! He came to me!"

"Both of you shut up!" I yelled. "Are you seriously fighting over a boy!"

"Not just any boy." Sniffed Allie. "The romantic to end all romance. The epitome of perfection. The paragon of all boys." 

"He's the boy who tore the two of you best buds apart. He doesn't sound that great." I said, cautiously.

"He was worth it." They both said with finality.

"What was his name?" I asked.

"Brandon." Johanna replied. "Brandon."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Brandon felt a little guilty. He had just cut out someone's heart out, and it was someone he knew too. Back when he'd spent time at Camp Half Blood, he'd liked Leo. Unfortunately, he had to leave and join the Chicken Lord to pay off his family's debt to him.

He didn't mind his line of work most of the time. Maria, his colleague in evil, was pretty cool. She was as rebellious as Katniss Everdeen and Nelson Mandela combined. Their relationship was totally plutonic though, and that was the way he wanted to keep it. 

Maria was about ready to punch the Chicken Lord in the face. She had not signed up to cut out hearts. She had signed up to play with chickens. 

And because the Chicken Lord was her dad.

Yep. He and Nike had had a brief relationship and nine months later, voila. She supposed their relationship consisted of mostly just doing it. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Brandon is not worth losing your relationship over." I said, trying in vain to keep the girls from arguing.

"Piper, our relationships been gone for a long time now." Allie snapped, adjusting her bronze glasses. 

"Either way, you guys are going to have to learn to work together, or else we'll have to fire one of you from this quest." Percy stepped in.

He was right. Unless the two girls could replace the relationship of their that had gone fowl, I wasn't sure how this quest would work out.