Chapter 19

Maria was laughing. 

The Chicken Lord fell to the found with a groan as she brandished the pipe.

Percy was also laughing. The Chicken Lord looked like a rat from this angle.

I was not laughing. I was worrying about Leo. I could see his body on an operation table at the back of the barn.

As I started to approach him, I suddenly found my path blocked by a murmuring mass of chickens. 

"PIPER MCLEAN!! I WANT YOUR HEART!!" 

"Don't worry Miss Olympus. I got this." Percy had stopped laughing and stepped up to the plate. Somehow he managed to locate water somewhere and had a whole has of it floating above his head. Pulling a Moses, he used the water to part the chickens so I could walk through. 

I ran up to Leo's side. 

"It's too late." I turned to see Hudson and a boy I thought must be Brandon standing there. "His heart had already been switched with the Chicken's."

"There must be a way." I exclaimed. 

"Well, you can look in The Chicken Lord's Big Damn Chicken Book." Hudson suggested. "Here."

He reached into the cardboard box beside him and pulled out a large book. I snatched it from him a leafed through it until I found the chapter title, Emergency Reverse.

'If you (for some insane reason) want to reverse any of what I have described in here, the all you need to is this: Find and administer a true love's kiss to your subjects. Their hearts will grow back to the normal size and turn back into human ones.'

True love's kiss for Leo, Jason, and Annabeth? How hard could that be?