Chapter 25

Percy's P.o.V.

Piper and I stood in the amphitheater, the whole camp surrounding us. We were recognizing everyone who had played a part in what we were calling The Great Defeat of the Fowl Lord. 

Hudson was first, then Allie and Johanna, Maria and Brandon, Reyna, Austin, and Reilly. Annabeth and Jason stood awkwardly off to one side. 

It had been a few chapters since we had seen everyone so I was feeling a little nostalgic. 

"Hudson, thank you for infiltrating the Chicken Lord's lair." said Piper.

"Allie and Johanna, thanks for running the behind the scenes stuff." I said.

"Maria and Brandon, thank you for always keeping an eye on the Chicken Lord." Piper said.

"Reyna, Austin, and Reilly, thank you for- well, I'm not exactly sure what you did, but thanks anyway." I said, Piper gave me a look. 

The camp cheered loudly. Once they were silent again, I said "I have one more announcement to make."

"You do?" Piper asked. I nodded, my palms suddenly starting to feel sweaty. From the side, I saw Leo give me a thumbs up.

I got down on one knee.

The camp's uproar was unbelievable. Piper's eyes got very wide as I pulled out the velvet ring box and flipped it open to reveal the ring.

As soon as the cheering had died down, "Piper McLean-"

"Yes!" She cried.

"What? I hadn't even asked the question yet! I had a whole speech planned and everything!" I protested.

"I don't care, just give me the dam ring and kiss me." She said a lone tear making its way down her face. I smiled and puled the ring out of the box to slide onto her finger.

And then I kissed her.