Chapter 10

Percy's P.o.V.

"LUNGE! LUNGE JENNA, LUNGE!!"

With an angry burst of energy, Jenna Yarjis lunged and nailed her opponent in the chest with her sword. She let out a loud cheer as he fell over, groaning in pain.

"YES!" Jenna ran over and gave me a high-five."Go me!!"

"Good job. You've improved a lot."

"Thanks Percy."

As Jenna jogged over to her water bottle, I noticed Calypso watching us underneath a tall oak tree. I made my way over to the nymph, a little surprised because she usually stayed away from me.

"Percy, I don't like you." She said, as soon as I was in hearing distance. "But even so, I need your help. I can't find Leo anywhere."

"What do you mean? He was going to find you last I saw him." I replied, a slightly bad feeling building in my throat.

"Yeah well, I haven't seen him since before breakfast."

"OF COURSE YOU HAVEN'T!" Screeched a voice next to my ear.

I yelled in surprise as a chicken dropped out of the tree.

"WE HAVE THE FLAME BOY!! AND WE HAVE HIS HEART!!"

"WHAT!" Calypso screamed. "YOU STUPID PEASANT CHICKEN, HE IS MINE!"

"NO HE IS NOT!" Shrieked the chicken. "LEO VALDEZ IS OURS! HE IS UNDER OUR CONTROL! AND SOON, ALL OF YOU WILL BE TOO!!" With a terrifying maniacal chicken laugh, the chicken vanished.

.

.

.

------------------

.

.

.

"WHAT!!!!!" Piper was furious. "I WILL CUT THAT FRICKIN CHICKEN!"

"Calm down Miss Olympus. I'm sure he's fine." That was a lie.

"What do we do?" Asked Jenna, leaning her elbows on the ping-pong table.

The heads of each cabin had been called in for an emergency meeting. We had no idea what to do, and no idea where Leo was.

"I say we interrogate the chicken you guys caught last night." Clarisse slammed her fist down on the table, causing Piper's juice to slosh dangerously.

"CLARISSE LA RUE!! I WANT YOU HEART!!" It squawked.

"YEAH?! WELL HERE'S WHAT I WANT. WHERE IS LEO VALDEZ!?" The daughter of Ares shouted.

"We've hidden him where you'll never find him." If it was possible for a chicken to look arrogant, this one did. "Our master has great plans for him, and for everyone else in THIS STUPID CAMP!"

"Wait, I've got an idea." Travis stood up slowly. "If we're dealing with a chicken obsessed freakazoid who uses dark magic and stuff, we need more information."

"INFORMATION THAT WILL NEVER BE GIVEN TO YOU!!" Screamed the chicken.

"Not to me, but I know someone." With a secretive smile, Travis walked out the door.

.

.

.

------------

.

.

.

"GOAL!!"

"THAT WAS AWESOME! HOW DID YOU DO THAT!"

"YOU HAVE TO SHOW ME HOW TO DO THAT!"

"GO HUDSON! GO HUDSON!"

Travis had lead the whole group of us to a field where a gaggle of demigods was playing an intense game of soccer. My eye was caught by one boy, who kept scoring goal after goal. None of the other players could get past him.

"That kid is good." Piper muttered, resting her head on my shoulder.

"I'm good too." I replied. "Probably better."

"No you're not." She snorted. "You look like a fish out of water trying to play soccer."

"I do not!"

"Really? Then why don't you go join them? Prove that your not an utter soccer failure."

"I would, but Leo is in danger and we shouldn't be messing around."

The soccer boy scored another goal, and that seemed to be the end of the game, as the group started to disperse. Soccer boy jogged over with a wave at his friends.

"Hey Travis, what's up?" He asked, wiping the thin layer of sweat off his brow.

"Percy and Piper, this is Hudson. Hudson, this is Pipercy." Travis introduced us.

"Don't call us Pipercy." Piper swatted Travis in the arm, before reaching her hand out of Hudson to shake. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Travis mouth 'OTP' to Hudson.

"Nice to meet you!" Hudson smiled, and shook her hand with enthusiasm. He turned to me and proceeded to do the same, his friendly smile never faltering.

"So here's my plan. Hudson here, has some info on the chicken's dark master." Travis explained. "I figured, that we could send him in as a double agent."

"Good idea, but why him?" Piper asked, frowning slightly. "Couldn't we send somebody else in if we give them the info?"

"We could, but Hudson's a good actor and also, he's a son of Apollo." Travis countered. "Roosters cock-a-doodle-doo to welcome the sun every morning, so a chicken fanatic would be more likely to trust a child of the sun-god."

"What's your info on the chicken lord?" I asked, starting wonder when Travis got so smart.

"There's a farm about two miles from the camp border. A year ago, I got lost trying to return to Camp, and I wound up there. There were feathers everywhere, but the entire place was deserted." Hudson explained. "I noticed a large red barn, and I went over to it. When I looked through the crack in the door, all I saw was a mass of chicken all staring at a man on a stage. I couldn't get a good look of him, but from what I saw, he was a god to these chickens."

"I don't know many other creepy chicken overlords." Travis said, "So I figure that this has to be our guy."

"Alright Hudson, are you willing to infiltrate this barn?" Piper asked.

"Of course! I would do anything to help stop whatever these chickens are planning. It sounds pretty fowl."

----------------------

That was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG chapter (for me anyway)...1033 words!!

So, this morning I was scrolling through Wattpad when I received a polite request from @HudsonLenhart to be in my story. I hope this is what you wanted, and I'm flattered that you wanted to be in my story.

Thinking about it, I would love it if some of you guys wanted to become characters in any of the three stories I'm writing (you pick). You can PM me and let me know if you want to be good or evil, and tell me a little about yourself, along with a name.

Hope to hear from you, DON'T BE SHY! I DON'T BITE!