Chapter 41

I never should have met him.

But I found myself wrapping my arms around him, trying to calm and comfort him.

I let go of the hug to take a quick look at his face, and God, his face and teary eyes made it so much harder to leave him. I felt a lump on my throat while trying to hold in my emotions. Ayoko nang umiyak. I'm done crying and being weak.

L has been very kind to me and he protected me from everything ever since the beginning. That's why I'm choosing to trust him and letting all my doubts of him vanish. This time, I'll be the one protecting him.

I composed myself and wiped his tears using my thumb. "Can you stand?" I asked him once he calmed down and managed to stop tearing up.

"Blythe, I'm sorry..." He was still apologizing on repeat while holding my hand so tightly.

"L, I'm asking you if you can walk. Kaylangan nating umalis dito." I said in a low voice trying to be careful as I can just in case someone hears us. I remembered Ace outside and she must be so anxious right now kung bakit hindi pa ako lumalabas.

L tried his best to stand and walk habang nakaakbay siya saakin so I can assist him. I don't know what happened to him to be this weak right now. Maybe they did something to him just like what Elle told me.

Lumabas kami sa kwarto and there was Ace. Nanlaki ang kaniyang mga mata nang makitang inaalalayan ko si L and I just know, judging from the way she was looking at me, na proprotesta siya.

"Princess, are you out of your mind?" Pasigaw niyang bulong. "Why are you helping the one reason you're here?"

"Ace, just help me. I'll explain on the way." I tried convincing her but she was just giving me a doubtful look and was just standing there staring at me. "Please..." I begged.

Napakagat siya ng labi niya and had no choice but to support L on his other side. Maingat kaming naglakad sa napakahabang hallway while explaining to Ace why I chose to help L. I know she doesn't trust L and she's not buying whatever I try to explain to her dahil sa expression ng mukha niya. But I'm still thankful she's also choosing to help him kahit labag pa sa kalooban niya.

"I don't know what the hell you're thinking, Princess, but if you're that sure about him then there's nothing I can do."

I smiled at the thought na hindi man open si Ace sa possibility of trusting L but she's willing to help because of me. She cares for me a lot and I can see it.

But why do I feel like something's off?

"Stop," Tumigil sa paglalakad si L at dahil nakaalalay kami sakaniya, pati kami napatigil. "Something's not right."

"L, anong problema?" I asked. Did he also feel like there's something wrong? He knows this place better than us so he probably noticed something's not sitting right.