Her Stephen

Warning: As always SPOILERS! And also, woohoo three updates in less than 24 hours! Mainly because I've had free time. Not sure if I'm proud of that or worried about it. Eh, anyway...here's another chapter!! Btw this us number 25 so just wanna thank y'all for loving these chapters, this book, and just honestly going with me through this journey! A thousand reads is crazy to me but it's all thanks to you guys so thank you thank you thank you!! Have I said thank you enough? Here's one more, THANK YOU! I love you all so so much <3

I am a human being, capable of doing terrible things

You people are mistaken if you think that

I'm awake and celebrating anything that I've become

My hands lit up beside my hips as I trailed Wanda with my eyes. Her slow stalk towards the glass was intimidating but enough to scare me into submitting America. Wanda's eyes took a few moments to find mine since she was fixated on America. Obviously devising some kind of plan to get passed me, maybe even kill me, to get to her. As much as I knew Wanda was more powerful than I was, I'll be damned if I go down without the greatest fight of my life. Her red orbs formed beneath her palm ready to pummel through the glass with most likely no effort at all. I was ready for it. "Enough!"

Our head turned to see an older man in a large yellow motorized chair staring Wanda down. His fingers lifted to his head while the others pointed at Wanda, immediately lowering her hand and cascading her into a dazed state. Realizing Wanda was down for an estimate of a couple of minutes, I watched America prepare her fists as I threw orange daggers at the glass simultaneously. Glass shattered along the floor and I pushed America out as fast as I could, dragging Christine along with us. Christine was our only hope of finding an opening to the Book of Vishanti so I couldn't just leave her back there. Plus, she did try to save us.

Christine took the lead while I trailed behind checking every few steps or so to ensure Wanda was still distracted. We entered a dark hall with two exit points, where I could hear large footsteps running towards our entry. I pushed America and Christine behind me while I opened to shields with my fists. Ready to block anything this, whatever it was, planned on hitting me with. As my heart beat continued to quicken the figure sprinted by but slid. "Jesus Christ." I spoke in relief after seeing Stephen making his way to us. I watched America run towards him and embrace him in a tight hug.

"Are you guys okay?" Stephen asked out of breath from running. Cloak came and dragged me towards Stephen. His arms snaked around me tightly almost deathly. Full of worry.

"We're okay, how about you?" He just smirked down at me, placing a quick peck to the palm of my hand that rest against his cheek. Cloak finally took its rightful spot on Stephen's shoulders. "We need to get to the book, like now."

"Xavier said I built a way point. Can you take us there?"

Stephen eyes were begging Christine and I could tell she had some reservations. Something bad must have happened with this universes Stephen for her to be do retracted from him. And I wonder what he's done. "How do I know I can trust you?"

"I know what he did and I'm sorry for what happened. Believe me, the Book of Vishanti is the only way."

"Yeah your way. You sound a lot like my Stephen right now." Her Stephen. She could be using the terminology because technically it's her universes Stephen Strange but my mind wouldn't let me think the positive or the logical. It always stuck me with the latter.

"This Stephen is different. He is." America chimed in and I smiled seeing her finally trusting Stephen as much as she trusted me. Finally she was able to see that the best thing for her was us, and the best thing for us is her. "It doesn't matter about all the other Stephen's, you're not like them." My heart was warm at the way she looked up at him, like a protector and someone she could entrust her life to.