Chapter 43

"That black eye looks so good on you." umupo ako sa kama at sinubukang hawakan ang black eye ni Jassy.

Mabilis niyang hinawi ang kamay ko. "Do you know a spell that can heal this thing?"

I shook my head. "You can drink my blood or I can turn you into a heretic if you want to." natatawang biro ko.

"No, thanks. I don't want to die yet." maarteng sabi niya.

"You shouldn't have done that. Kaye and I grew up as sisters. The way they reacted is just normal." mahinahong sabi ko.

They need to serve two weeks of detention. All of them who got involved in the fight. Now they have to deal with the other group, which Val called Alanis group 2.0.

"Stop being so kind, Olivia. I will punch everyone who will say mean things about you. If you won't defend yourself, I'll do it for you." inis na sabi niya.

Parang hinaplos ang puso ko sa kanyang sinabi. Hindi pa ganoon katagal nang malaman niyang magkapatid kami pero sobra na siya mag alala sa akin. I'm so lucky that she's my sister.

"I appreciate you doing that, but I don't want you to get hurt." ngumisi ako sa kanya. "Now you look uglier than usual."

Hinampas niya ako ng malakas sa braso. "And now I agree with you. You're a devil in disguise. I should be the one calling you satan."

I chuckled. "You still think I'm kind?" pang aasar ko.

She rolled her eyes. "You are kind. And a devil. You're both." ngiwi niya. "You should check on your chibi girlfriend. She got hurt too, you know."

Napangiwi din ako. "I'm more concerned about the girls she punched."

I saw one of them with a broken jaw when the fight ended. Alam kong hinding hindi ako sasaktan ni Kaylee pero hindi ko pa rin siya gagalitin. She's scary.

At isa pa, may usapan kami ni Mikhael. We will meet at the back of the school. I'll teach him offensive magic as promised. I'll check on Kaye tonight.

"I still can't believe the boys didn't help us. They should've helped so we can all go to detention." she said, pouting.

"It was a girls fight. Of course they didn't want to be involved." natatawang sabi ko.

Umirap siya."Whatever. I want to sleep. Now, you disappear."

Muli akong natawa at napailing. "Okay, princess." mabilis ko siyang hinalikan sa noo. "Sleep well, blondie."

Ngumiti siya ng abot tainga, dahilan upang lumabas ang kanyang mga mababaw na dimples. They only show up when she's smiling ear to ear, which is rare because just like Jed, she has a resting poker face.

"Changed my mind. Cuddle with me, please." saad niya at nagpapacute pa.

"I would love to, but I can't. I have plans with Mikhael."

Pinanliitan niya ako ng mga mata. Hinintay kong magsalita siya pero wala siyang sinabi. I smiled at her one last time before leaving our room.

Pagdating ko sa likuran ng eskwelahan ay nandoon na si Mikhael. He's sitting at a big stone while staring at space. Nang mapansin niya ang presensya ko ay ngumiti siya ng matamis sa akin.

"I'm sorry for making you wait. I needed to check on Jassy." paumanhin ko.

"It's fine. I just got here 5 minutes ago." may kinuha siyang paper bag at inilabas ang laman nito. "I know you haven't eaten lunch yet. Let's eat first. Here." he handed me a lunch box.

Nahihiya ko itong tinanggap bago umupo sa tabi niya. "Thank you. How's your sister?"

Tumawa siya. "She said her cheek hurts like hell but she'll be fine. I know she cares for you and Kaylee, she just won't admit it."