Chapter 3

Haling Cove.

It's been a while since the last time I've been here. We didn't go out to see the town when we still lived here, but we saw pictures and videos. And I can say that almost everything stayed the same. The buildings, the noise, and there are people everywhere. People who don't know that their town is inhabited by supernaturals. Vampires, werewolves, and witches. And now that we're here, there are also hybrids and tribrids.

After a few minutes, the tall buildings were replaced by tall trees and green surroundings. I can hear the birds chirping and the sound of some wild animals. It's noon, so the forest is pretty much awake.

"Someone's coming!" someone shouted.

Bumagal ang pagtakbo ng sasakyan hanggang sa tumigil ito. May mga tao sa labas, naging alerto sila sa pagdating namin. Some of them are holding weapons, getting ready to fight.

The place looks like a mini village in the middle of the forest. I wonder if there's electricity here.

"I will go out first." wika ni mommy at lumabas ng sasakyan.

Bumakas ang gulat sa mukha nilang lahat nang makita nila si mommy. Tila hindi makapaniwala na nakatayo siya ngayon sa harap nila. Isa isa kaming lumabas. Mas lalo silang naging alerto nang makita nila si dad at ang mga uncle ko. Bakas ang takot sa kanilang mga mukha.

"Danielle?" wika ng isang babae.

I can't tell if she's older or younger than mom since mom stopped aging a long time ago. But I think it's the latter. And I can see the resemblance between her and mom.

"Reya." ngumiti si mommy sa kanya.

Agad na lumapit ang babae kay mommy at niyakap niya ito ng mahigpit. "I can't believe you're alive. We all thought you died in that fire." she said while crying.

Reya. She's mom's sister. Since mom married my dad, she lost contact with her family. She didn't want to cause trouble to her pack because of her connection to vampires, that's why she left them.

The Crescent Wolf Pack.

One of the seven oldest werewolves packs existing. My mom's family. This is where she grew up. She didn't say much about her life before meeting dad. All we know is that her mother died in the hands of a witch connected to the Whitlocks, her father is the pack's alpha, she has a younger sister, and that the crescent wolves live far away from the center of the town. They don't want to mingle with humans and other supernaturals.

Werewolves are forced to turn into their wolf form every full moon. Except for hybrids who can control whenever they want to turn. That also applies with me and Kaylee. But dad said on our first full moon after triggering the curse, we will be forced to turn. After that, we can control it freely.

That's the special trait of the Crescent Pack. They're the only pack that can control whenever they want to turn.

"Sinclairs." said a man with a deep voice.

A tall man came, eyeing each of us. Nakaramdam ako ng takot nang makita ko siya. His presence is so strong. I know exactly who he is. When his eyes landed on mom, his hardened facial expression softened. He immediately went to mom and hugged her.

"My sweet daughter." mahinang sabi niya.

"I've missed you, dad." mom said, smiling.

"I had a feeling you survived that fire. Sinclairs will not be that easy to kill." kumalas siya sa yakap at muling tumingin sa amin.

Sinulyapan ko si dad at ang mga uncle ko. Pawang mga nakangiti, tuwang tuwa dahil sa narinig. Nakita ko ang pag irap ni Kaylee na nakatingin din pala sa kanila. We almost died that day and we only survived because of aunt Riley. They can't do anything to save us back then and now they have the guts to enjoy the glory.