Chapter 13

If there's something constant between me and Kaye, it's the fighting. We always fight, even for the pettiest things. Sometimes, she will be the first one to apologize. But most of the time, it's me. Kaylee is transparent. She's never been good at hiding her feelings, and I can tell that she's jealous. We already talked about this matter but I think this can't really be avoided. She's upset about hearing the news and I can't blame her for that.

During the dinner, no one spoke. Pabalik balik ang tingin sa amin nila grandpa David at aunt Reya. They know there's something going on between me and Kaye, but they didn't ask. And I'm glad they didn't because I don't know how to answer them. Nang makabalik kami sa kwarto namin, agad siyang humiga sa kama.

"Kaye." tawag ko sa kanya at tinabihan siya. "Let's talk about this please." sinundot sundot ko ang tagiliran niya.

"We have nothing to talk about. Just go to your girlfriend." she said coldly, emphasizing the word 'girlfriend'.

I hugged her waist and buried my face into her neck. "Nothing will change between us, Kaye. I assure you."

"You say that now, but what about in the future? It's only a matter of time before you forget about me completely." she whispered.

I snorted. "You're an idiot. That will never happen." I said as I hugged her tighter.

Natahimik kaming dalawa. I can hear her shallow breathings as she plays with my hair.

"I'm sorry, Liv."

Bahagya akong napalayo sa kanya. Hindi ko inasahan ang sinabi niya. I can see sadness in her eyes while staring at me. She touched my face, gently stroking my cheek with her thumb.

"I'm sorry for overreacting. I can see that you really like her, and I want you to be happy. It's just that…" she looked away and closed her eyes.

"Just what? You know you can tell me everything, Kaye. I'll listen." malambing na sabi ko sa kanya.

She gave me a sad smile. "Let's just sleep, okay? And nice work at the class today. I'm sure auntie Vera will be so proud." she slightly chuckled.

I pouted. "That's just luck. And have you forgotten that I was embarrassed in front of the whole class today?"

"Well, that was your fault for spacing out." she smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "You're the reason why I spaced out in the first place. I thought you were mad at me and I can't stop thinking about that. Therefore, that was your fault."

"Touché." she clicked her tounge. "I was never mad at you. I was just—" she mumbled something I didn't hear.

"Come again?" I asked softly.

"Nevermind. Let's sleep." sambit niya at niyakap ako.

I heaved a sigh. This wasn't what I was expecting, but I'm glad everything turned out just fine.

--

"I swear, Liv. If you only saw her face, you'll surely die laughing." tumatawang sabi ni Val at hinampas pa ang mesa.

"And Professor Grundy's face? Epic!" napahawak pa si Cole sa kanyang tiyan sa sobrang pagtawa.

Pinagtitinginan na kami ngayon ng mga tao sa cafeteria dahil sa sobrang ingay nila. They can't stop talking about what happened at Math class earlier. My idiot sister fell asleep during their class and their professor caught her and threw an eraser into her head.

Tumikhim si Val at umaktong gulat na nanlalaki ang mga mata. "What happened? Are we under attack?" panggagaya niya sa sinabi ni Kaye kanina.

Nagsimula na naman silang tumawa ni Cole. And as usual, hindi na naman maipinta ang mukha ni Kaylee.