Chapter 6

Weeks passed. I can say that we're now comfortable living with the pack. Sa ilang linggong pananatili namin dito, mabilis kaming naka adapt. That's because the people here are very welcoming, and they easily accepted us as part of their pack.

We talk to our family everyday by phone, but I still miss them very much. I don't think it's the same with Kaylee who's busy enjoying her freedom. She always meets Wes and just yesterday, she happily told me that they kissed. And as the protective sister that I am, I scolded her. They've only known each other for weeks and now she's kissing him? That was too fast. I suddenly had the urge to rip someone's heart out.

"I told you not to run in that direction! We could've won if you just listened to me!"

I sighed when I heard Kaylee shouting. Halos takpan ko na ang tainga ko dahil sa walang kwentang pagtatalo nila ni Cole. Katatapos lang namin maglaro ng football kasama ang ibang crescents na halos mga kaedad lang namin. There's no using of superhuman abilities, of course. Para maging patas ang laro. Kaylee and Cole were on the same team and I'm part of the other. The game was fun. And yes, we won. Kaya naman ngayon ay nagsisisihan na sila dahil sa pagkatalo nila. Wala pa atang araw na hindi sila nagbangayan. Sometimes, I find it cute. Pero madalas ay naiirita ako sa kanila. Daig pa nila ang mga bata kung magtalo.

"I told you to pass the ball to me but you just ignored me! That happened not only once but many times! We lost a lot of potential scores because of you!" ganti ni Cole.

"I'm not passing you the ball because you're not that focused on the game! You were busy flirting with Liv all the time!"

My brows furrowed when I heard my name. Bakit nadamay na naman ako?

"For the hundredth time, I wasn't flirting with your sister and I never will! Oh shit, I hate you so much!" sinuntok ni Cole ang katapat niyang puno dahilan para magkaroon ng dent dito.

Napangiwi ako. Ako ang nasaktan para sa puno. Nagkaroon ng kaunting sugat sa kamay ni Cole ngunit unti unti din itong naghilom. One of the perks of being a werewolf or vampire. Your wounds heal faster like it never happened.

"The feeling is mutual." wika ni Kaylee bago umirap at nagmartsa paalis.

This scene isn't new to me. Laging ganito ang routine nila. Magtatalo dahil sa maliit o malaking bagay hanggang may mag walkout. Napailing nalang ako. Nilapitan ko si Cole at bahagyang hinaplos ang kanyang likod upang pakalmahin siya. Nang naging normal na ang paghinga niya ay umupo kaming dalawa at sumandal sa puno.

"Did I really say that I want to be friends with your sister? If yes, I take that back. I don't want to anymore." umiiling na sabi niya.

I rested my head on his shoulder. "Hey, you know that difficult-to-control anger and aggression are common personality traits of werewolves who have not activated their curse yet, right? Just be patient with her." saad ko.

He deeply sighed. "You haven't triggered your curse yet but you don't have anger issues. Abnormal lang talaga yung kapatid mo." sabi niya ng may halong inis.

Napabungisngis ako. "Just give her some time. I know someday you two will become friends."

"I highly doubt that. Not if every time I approach you, she looks like she wants to skin me alive."

Okay, he has a point.

"Kaylee is possessive. All the Sinclairs are. I actually don't like her hanging out with that Wes. Every time I see them together, I wanna gut him." seryosong sabi ko.

Umasim ang mukha niya nang banggitin ko ang pangalan ni Wes. He doesn't like him either. They used to be schoolmates when he still attended Haling Cove High. He stopped going to school when he triggered his curse because he's afraid he might hurt someone. He told me that Wes used to bully him and his friends a lot.