Chapter 10

"Walk faster you two! You're so slow! What are you? Turtles?"

Halos sabay kaming napairap ni Cole sa sinabi ni Kaye. She's back to her usual grumpy self. Ilang metro ang layo namin sa kanya dahil napakabilis niyang maglakad. Nandito kami ngayon sa Haling Cove High upang sunduin sila Val at Jed. We all decided to go to the carnival today. Hihintayin lang namin matapos ang football practice ng magkapatid.

"She triggered her curse and her anger issues didn't go away. Confirmed, Liv. Abnormal nga ang kapatid mo."

Natawa ako sa sinabi ni Cole. Inasahan ko nang ganito ang mangyayari. Kaylee will always be like that. Normal na iyon sa kanya whether she triggered her curse or not.

Tanging ang mga football players at iilang mga estudyanteng nakatambay lang ang nasa football field nang makarating kami. Hindi ko maiwasang manibago dahil nung huling beses akong nandito, puno ito ng tao.

Nang mamataan kami ni Val habang nakikipag usap sa mga kasama niya, agad siyang kumaway at ngumiti sa amin. Kumaway din kami sa kanya at umupo sa bleachers. I heard Jed is the QB1, and he's now busy talking seriously to his other teammates.

Pinanood ko ang mga estudyante sa paligid. On the other side of the field, there's a group of friends busy laughing with each other. A few meters away from us is a girl, lost in whatever she's reading. There are also couples everywhere. I wonder if they knew how lucky they are to have a normal life, oblivious of the supernatural things happening around them.

"Don't you miss school, Collins?" tanong ni Kaye kay Cole.

Ngumisi siya at inakbayan ang kapatid ko. Nanliit ang mga mata ko nang hindi manlang ito nagreklamo o nagwala sa ginawa ni Cole.

"Of course, I do. My mom actually wants me to go back here and live with them again. I told her before that I will think about it. But now that I met you two, I think I won't. I can't leave you two alone to have a boring life while I'm enjoying my high school life."

I stared at him. Hindi niya nabanggit sa akin ang tungkol doon. He's so much in control of himself. I don't think he will ever hurt someone so I don't see why he shouldn't consider what his mom said. He deserves to have a normal life like the others.

"Cole, Kaye and I will be fine. It's not like we won't see each other anymore. You can hangout with us during the weekends and we can also come here to visit you anytime." I said in a serious tone.

He shook his head. "I like your company better and I love being with the crescents. Yes, I want to live with my family. But you and the crescents are my family too. I know my mom will understand." he said while playing with Kaylee's hair.

Mas lalong nanliit ang mga mata ko. Just a few days ago, Kaylee said she can't stand him. But now she's allowing him to have his arm over her shoulders and play with her hair? This doesn't make sense. Is she sick? Did she eat something bad?

"What if we enroll here with you? Would that be okay?" kalmadong tanong sa kanya ni Kaye.

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko. You've got to be kidding me. Si Kaylee ba talaga ito?

Cole smiled at her. "I think that would be nice."

"Okay, then. We'll all go."

"You can't be serious, Andrea." hindi makapaniwalang sabi ko.

"Don't call me that." wika niya at sinamaan ako ng tingin. "And I'm dead serious. You want Cole to go back to school, right? Then we'll go with him." seryosong sabi niya.

"Mom and dad won't allow us." I countered.

"They will if you ask them. Trust me, they won't say no to you. If it's me, they will say no in an instant." she said lazily.