1x8: Relapse

"Home, sweet home." 

Jacket sandbagged onto his bed, face-first. He sank into the bed and pillow and kicked his shoes, letting out a long sigh. It certainly wasn't like boot camp, but semi-regular school isn't nice either. He rolled over onto his back and stared at the ceiling—trying to lose himself in his own thoughts. 

"The one time I wish had a beer," he thought, glancing at an open window. The sun's piercing orange light painting his dorm. 

Minutes passed before a knock came to his door. A familiar voice calling out, "Mr. Fritz? May I come in?"

Jacket rose his bed and went to the door, opening it.

"Thank you," said Ozpin as he walked in.  His eyes looking around his dorm.

"What brings you here?" Jacket asked.

"I came to check in on you. Make sure you doing okay," he replied, his stoic voice carrying some sincerity. 

He nods in thanks before stepping back, letting Ozpin in. The headmaster's eyes scanned his dorm as if taking note of every detail. The most notable being the closet full of the same bright neon blue shirt and gray blue jeans. 

"Are you sure you don't want a uniform?" Ozpin asked, turning back to Jacket with a raised brow. "The change in wardrobe could-"

"The gesture is duly noted," Jacket interrupted concisely. 

"Understood," Ozpin replied, raising his hands in surrender. "But, commenting on your fashion style, isn't the only reason I'm here, Mr. Fritz." Jacket raised a brow and tilted his head curiously. "A... associate of mine has given me information on something happening in Vale. We don't know what it is, but we do know where it is. And I'd like you to stop it before whoever is organizing it has a chance to act on it."

Jacket's almost unreadable expression speaks volumes to Ozpin. 

"I understand that your past actions have caused a disaster to befall your home, but you are amongst the few I believe have the capability to properly deal with this situation with a discretion only a professional would have."

As Ozpin attempts to convince Jacket to undertake such a task, he could stand and stare blankly. Until his mouth moved before he could think. 

"I'll do it," Jacket heard his voice say. "Just take me there, and I'll handle the rest." 

"Then follow me, please," directed Ozpin, stepping past him with what looked to be a half-smirk on his face. 

Fritz felt his blood run cold for an eternity that lasted mere moments. Steeling himself, Jacket slipped on his sneakers, grabbed his recorder, and headed for the door.