2x10: Getting To Know You

Heavy rain pelted the streets and windows of Donny's Diner. Mary stared outside, watching the water slide down the glass while leaning on her arm. The moment was serene; no customers to serve, no rushing to take and give orders, and no bad tips. However, her moment of peace would shatter as a familiar figure stepped in, utterly soaked from the rain.

"Fritz? What the hell were you doing out there?!" Mary chided questioningly. "Here, take this off. Don't want you catching a cold." She pulled his heavy jacket from his shoulder, setting it aside to dry off. 

"You didn't have to do that," he said idly. 

She looked up at him, silently chastising him. "It's not like you'd've done it by yourself," Mary remarked, crossing her arms. "But, come on, sit down with me. Warm up a little before you wander back in the rain." She grabbed his hand and pulled him toward a booth before he could say anything. "Where are the other two? Or did you ditch them to come and see me?" 

"What? Can't pay a visit without tweedle dee and tweedle dum?" he said, trying to keep pace while not tripping her up.

She stopped in front of one of the many window booths, then, finally, Mary turned around with a sad smile. She giggled to herself and then looked at him. "Since I met you, it's felt like we've already known each other. It's strange." 

Fritz stopped her with a simple gesture. "Then how about we start over? Get to know each other a little better?" Mary watched as he stuck his hand out with a smile. "Hi, I'm... Ricky. Nice to meet you." 

She laughed and smiled brightly. "Mary."