4x2: Distress & Egress

Sunlight overwhelms the dark beneath her eyelids, and a disappointed groan emanates from Blake. Fortunately, however, a mouth-watering smell filled her room, pulling her from her comfortable bed and into a zombie-esque walk toward the kitchen. 

"Good morning, dear!" Kali, Blake's alluring mother, greeted with her back still turned to her. 

"Morning, Mom," Blake replied through a yawn. "Are Sun and Dad up?"

"Yes, they both did," she answered, flipping a pancake. "But, if you hurry, you might be able to save your friend from embarrassing himself in front of your father. Again."

Blake groaned and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Are they in his study?" 

Kali smiled. "Of course, Blake. And do be quick, would you? The food is going to get cold soon."

Without wasting another second, Blake turned on her heels and stomped out into the hall and toward her father's study. Thankfully, it didn't seem like either of them was saying anything, although there was something else she was picking up on. Blake barged into the room, ignoring the mystery sound, only to see Sun and her father staring at each other.

"Good Morning, Blake. Did you sleep well?" Ghira asked, glaring at Sun, who melted further into his seat.

His daughter signed and crossed her arms, glaring at her father. "Dad, what're you doing?"

"Nothing. I wanted to have a little chat with your friend here. Right, Sun?" The monkey faunus fiercely nodded in agreement. "See?"

"Dad, this isn't-" her mother's small hand stopped Blake from raising her voice. "Blake, it's still early. We also have a guest; we wouldn't want to cause a stir, honey," Kali told her.

Ghira raised a brow, his eyes snapping to his wife. "A guest?"

"He said he was here to ask you a couple of questions. I believe he said his name was... Fritz?"

He glanced between her, Blake, and Sun before rising from his seat. "Alright. We'll continue this conversation later, Blake. You should eat some breakfast while I meet with our guest."

"Oh, he's in the kitchen," Kali quickly stated before continuing, "I offered him breakfast."

Ghira left to talk with their new guest without further distractions, leaving them alone. However, Blake soon chased after him in a near sprint and even passed him on the way to the kitchen with Ghira calling after her. Within moments, she skittered to a halt in the kitchen doorway, spotting him. 

Fritz smiled at Blake's abrupt entrance, waving at her with a fork. "Ah, hello, Blake. Did you know your mother makes a fantastic breakfast?" He asked, shoving a small pancake square into his mouth. "Because this reminds me of home."

Her amber eyes searched his while her mouth hung slightly agape. Then, finally, she spoke, saying, "We thought you were dead."

"And, as you can see, I'm alive, well, and kicking," he denoted as he ate another pancake square.

Then, before she could question him, her father's deep voice emanated from behind her. "Blake, you know this man?"

"We know each other from Beacon, Mr. Belladonna. Although, I didn't come here to chitchat with an old friend."

Ghira's eyes focused on him, and his towering form stepped before his daughter. "You came to question me."

"I did, but I'd like to finish this amazing food your wife made." He stabbed a piece of pancake with his fork. "To whom I'd like to thank for allowing me the opportunity."

Kali smiled, dismissing his gratitude with a wave. "It is no problem, Mr. Fritz. I'm happy to provide it to guests. Especially those acquainted with our daughter."

A heavy stomp shook the room while the mountainous Faunus pressed the stranger. "Enough food," Ghira bellowed, his shadow looming over him as his stomps drew closer. "You ask your questions now or leave with no answers."

Calmly, Fritz set both utensils down, pulled a matte grey smg from his side, and placed it beside the teal motorcycle helmet. "I want to know where Sienna Khan is and how I can get to her." 

"For what?" He spat, "So you can use her as a scapegoat?" Ghira retorted with a scowl etched onto his face, his amber eyes constantly flicking between the gun and him.

"Quite the opposite. It's so I can find who did it," Fritz replied. "That is all I need to know. You have my word." 

"Your word means very little to me with that weapon you've brought into my home."

With a shake of his head, Fritz dismissed the notion. "It's not meant for you, your family, or Khan." 

"Then who is it for?!" Ghira demanded. 

Again, Fritz shook his head, stating, "That's classified, sir. However, what information I can provide is that they're a part of the White Fang and a conspirator in the downfall of Beacon."

"I'll help you find them," Blake chirped, stepping out to her father's side.

Without a moment's hesitation, Fritz dismissed her. "No. I will not allow you to risk your life or your family." 

She stepped to him with the stench of desperation wafting off her. "But I can help you find her and-"

"And have a target on your back?" He snapped at her, letting it sink in while she glared at him. Fritz sighed, pinched the bridge of his nose, and shook his head before continuing, "Please, stop trying to play the hero. It does nothing but get good people killed."  

However, Blake glared at him, her hands balling into tight fists at her sides. Then, just as she began to argue, her father's heavy hand stopped her. "He's right, Blake. You don't need to risk your life for this." 

"But I can handle it!" Blake pleaded, her voice booming through the massive estate. 

"No, you can not. As much as you think you can, Blake. Lives are at stake here, and I am not willing to put yours at risk either!" Fritz asserted, his booming voice resonating throughout the giant estate. "Now, Ghira, please, tell me where she is so I can stop more innocent people from dying."

While Fritz searches the Faunus for an answer, a reverberating crash shatters the brief silence; then, before another second can pass, multiple footsteps come bounding through the halls. "Please, someone help!" A delicate voice screams. 

Without wasting more time, Fritz sprints toward the distress, leaving the faunus family behind, frozen like statues on a winter evening.