3x7: Decadence

Sunlight burns my eyes through the lids as consciousness enters my grasp. A sigh, heavy and loud, leaves my lungs while I roll over, letting the rising star heat my bare back. My arms curls around the warm body in front of me. The memories are trickling back to me now. Tricks of the mind; last time I drink with Qrow. Mary and me, together, her place. A hand, my hand, traces her figure. There's nothing...

She yawns and stretches, letting out a groggy giggle. "Oh, starting round two, are we?"

"No, I just... wasn't sure if we-"

"Fucked?" She says, peeking over her shoulder, the edge of her smirk barely in view. "We did, and you were fantastic!" Mary rolls over to face me. Her smile melts away any tense feeling. And... it makes me smile too. "But, as much as I want to jump your bones again, I'd like to rest awhile. By your side, preferably."

She shifts and slides into my embrace-her head resting against my chest. There's a moment of hesitation before my arms wrap around her, pulling her closer. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to stay a bit longer.

"You talk in your sleep, by the way."

Hm. "Do I?" I say, looking down at her.

She nods. "Yeah. You said a few names and apologized a lot. Sounded pretty stressed."

I want to say sorry, but she's heard that probably a dozen times.

"Then how about breakfast in bed? My way of making it up to you," I suggest.

"I'll settle for that, I guess," she says. "Pancakes with eggs and bacon will suffice, lover boy."

A stifled laugh escapes me. "Yeah, sure thing."

Pulling the sheets from my body, the cool air shocks the nerves. It takes a moment before I adjust and make my way down to the kitchen. I just hope I don't fuck this up. Only get one shot when it comes to this cooking stuff.

Alright. I think I got it right, just like in the old days. The plate's light, and the food is even lighter. I've got to be a bit more careful while I bring it back to her, taking every step with extreme caution.

"Hey, got your breakfast!"

She smiles brightly as I set the plate down on her lap.

"And here I thought you were going to scorch the bacon," she says, taking the fork and knife and cutting up the pancakes.

"That stings, lover."

She giggles as she sits up and plants a kiss on my cheek. "Only kidding. You did great-especially with the pancakes."

"My mom taught me how to make those. Showed me the secrets of a parent's cooking."

"Ah, a trick of the trade, then, huh? Well, maybe you can teach me sometime."

I chuckle. "Sure, but not now. I've got to go and wash off the after-sex."

"Alright," she says with a pout. "Oh! Almost forgot, your clothes are in the downstairs dryer."

I nod in response. Now, all I need is a warm shower and a few moments to myself. From plain off-white carpeting to baby blue tiles, the bathroom's flooring steals any heat I can gather. Chills run down my spine while approaching the metal showerhead, blurred by the sliding glass door. Real fancy. It's even got a little seat. The door squeaks as I open it and step inside, letting the water run soon after. Goosebumps along my skin while the lukewarm water washes over me. My dirty blond hair loosens and falls over my eyes. Finally, I breathe a heavy sigh and sit down.