Prologue

Author: Scarlett is single here and don't have kids. Enjoy💗

———

New Year's, oh how sweet.

But not for everyone, at least not for Y/N.

As the fireworks hits the sky and the clock turns 12:00 and marking the official new year, Y/N groaned in pain.

It would be perfect if she's not trying to survive at the moment. But here she is, pressing on the stab wound on her left side of abdomen to try and stop the bleeding, while trying to find a place she can go to.

And she needs to find a place soon because she's losing so much blood and if she doesn't get out of the street at any moment, police and other men will find her.

She can feel herself getting dizzy, and she knows she needs to do something about it. And she needs to do it now.

Clenching her jaw, Y/N gripped on the gun in her hand and went to the nearest house. This is not how it's supposed to be, but she's got no other choice.

With that, Y/N sneaked inside the huge gate and walked towards the front door. This will have to do, she's got no time to look for a back door or any other way inside.

Approaching the door, Y/N fixed the cloth mask on her face, and then she repeatedly rang the doorbell.

"Fuck," She groaned, feeling her hands soaked in her own blood.

When the door didn't open, she bang the door with the butt of her gun.

"Just a second, Lizzie, Flo! Jesus Christ!" A voice of a woman was heard.

Y/N only clenched her jaw, and banged the door one last time.

The door opened and a woman appeared, "What—"

"Scream and I will shoot you." Y/N said, pointing the gun to the woman.

The woman's eyes widened, fear is evident in them.

"Step back." Y/N said, clenching her jaw.

The woman obeyed.

Y/N walked inside the house, her gun still pointed towards the woman. "Close and lock the door." She said.

The woman obeyed again, hands shaking.

"Take me to the bathroom that has a first aid kit." Y/N said, feeling the pain traveling all over her body. "Now!" She shouted.

The woman jumped in surprise and fear, then she immediately walk somewhere.

Y/N was close behind, gun still pointed.

They walk upstairs, then further down the hallway. The woman opened the last door to their right, and it was the bathroom. "H-Here." She said, stuttering.

"After you." Y/N said, and nodded her head.

The woman nodded her head and stepped inside the bathroom.

Y/N followed inside and closed the door behind her, she leaned against the door, then she looked at the woman. "Get me the first aid kit and for the love of whoever's above, move fast!"

"Y-Yes!" The woman shrieked and immediately went to get the first aid kit, her hands were still shaking.

Y/N closed her eyes for a second, shaking her head. She looked down and clenched her jaw, seeing all her blood. Her head snapped to the woman when she heard her movements.

"H-Here you g-go." The woman said, gulping.

"Open it and put it on the sink, then move to the tub." Y/N said.

The woman immediately did what she was told to.

Y/N walked towards the sink and leaned against it. She looked at the woman and glared at her, "Don't move or you'll be on the floor in a blink of an eye. You understand?"

The woman nodded her head, "Y-Yes. I-I understand."

"Good." Y/N said, and placed down her gun. With all her strength, she took off her blazer and her shirt.

The woman frowned upon seeing the wound.

Y/N grabbed her gun again and pointed it to the woman. Then she grabbed the gauze and the small alcohol inside the first aid kit.

"Y-You..."

Y/N looked at the woman. "What?"

"Y-You should go to the h-hospital!" The woman said.

"No." Y/N said, and she was about to treat her wound when the woman spoke again.

"L-Let me help you then." The woman said.

Y/N didn't expect to hear that, but that sounds good considering that she's bleeding to death. And so, she nodded her head. "Strange for you to suggest that, but sure. Come here." She said.

"Y-You can lower your gun now, please. I-I'll just h-help you." The woman said.

"Okay but if you try anything funny, I will have you pin down. Understand?" Y/N said with an eyebrow raised.

"Y-Yes." The woman said.

"Okay, come here." Y/N said.

— after some time, that felt like an hour, Y/N was finally bandaged. And she watched as the woman cleaned her wounds, but at some point, she would have her eyes closed because of the pain. Though, she didn't screamed or show any emotion that she's deeply hurting, and all she did was sighed deeply and clenched her jaw.

Feeling weak, Y/N grabbed her gun and sat herself down onto the floor.

"Fuck." Y/N groaned, holding her abdomen.

"D-Do you wanna to lay down?" The woman asked while washing her hands.

Y/N looked up at the woman and chuckled weakly, "You are a very strange woman." She said. "I'm sorry for scaring you, I just need a place to go to. I was... bleeding to death."

The woman's eyed softened a bit, but before she can say anything back, the doorbell rang.

Y/N immediately stood up, groaning in pain.

"T-That's my friends," The woman said. "Just... just stay here." She said and dried her hands with towel.

"Do you think I'm stupid?" Y/N frowned.

"No!" The woman said, shaking her head. "Of course not, I'm serious, j-just stay here, please." She said.

With that, the woman walked out of the bathroom.