Fireworks

FEW MOMENTS LATER

"It's almost midnight, hon." Scarlett spoke.

Y/N hummed, smiling at what Scarlett called her. Then she pulled away from the hug, she looked at her wrist watch and nodded her head. "Yeah."

Scarlett helped her again with her emotions, and she didn't hurt herself this time or trash the place. She simply just cried and hugged Scarlett, and she let herself remember her days with her little girl. It still hurts, but she managed herself this time.

"Come on," Scarlett smiles and stood up.

"Where?" Y/N asked.

"Just come with me." Scarlett said, holding Y/N's hand.

"Alright." Y/N said, squeezing Scarlett's hand.

They walked inside the house, holding hands, and then upstairs, Y/N stayed quiet and just enjoyed the silence between them. She finds it interesting that even though they don't speak, it's never awkward. It's still comfortable. It's comforting.

At times like this with Scarlett, Y/N realizes that she wants a life other than doing her missions. If only it were that easy, then she wouldn't hesitate to ask Scarlett out on a date and even ask her to be her girlfriend. She really likes the actress because she's different and she's just amazing. Y/N is even positive that she's in love with Scarlett. It wouldn't even surprise her because she's letting Scarlett tear down her walls, and she can talk to the actress like it's the easiest thing in the world.

If Scarlett were true to her words and waited for her, she promised herself that after finishing her mission, she would pursue the actress.

Though, Y/N's having a hard time controlling herself around Scarlett. All she wants to do is to kiss Scarlett and confess her feelings. She's having a hard time, it was almost painful. Especially when Scarlett always looks stunning and always so kind, and thoughtful.

Y/N blinked back to reality when she felt Scarlett's hand squeezed hers.

"Come on." Scarlett said and opened the door to her bedroom, walking inside, still holding Y/N's hand.

"Ooh," Y/N raises her eyebrows. "Ms. Scarlett, ask me out first. You won't get me that easily." She said.

Scarlett laugh, "No. Shut up. Let's go to the balcony." She said.

"Oh. I was about to say yes because I changed my mind, but sure." Y/N said, laughing with the actress.

They walked out to the balcony and Scarlett smiles excitedly.

"Are we waiting for something?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah." Scarlett answered, "We are, but let's do countdown first!" She said.

"Ten seconds left." Y/N said, smiling.

They started counting, still holding each other's hands.

"Three, two, one!"

Then there's fireworks not far from Scarlett's house, lighting up the night sky beautifully.

"No way." Y/N whispered, smiling widely and watching the fireworks. It's been so long since she actually enjoyed something like that. She's too busy and occupied with her missions that she forgot to enjoy life like this.

Scarlett smiles softly, watching Y/N. She didn't even care about the fireworks, she just wants to watch Y/N. "Happy New Year, Y/N." She said.

Y/N looked away from the fireworks and looked at Scarlett, and she smiled. At that moment, everything just vanished and it's just her and Scarlett. And it's as if she doesn't care anymore, like she doesn't want to wait any longer to feel Scarlett's lips on hers.

So, instead of saying something, Y/N let go of Scarlett's hand and pulled her face closer by the back of her head, smashing their lips in a passionate kiss.

Scarlett melted, she wrapped her arms around Y/N's neck and kissed back.

Y/N hummed, and she cupped Scarlett's jaw, tilting her head a bit to deepen the kiss. Then she tilted her head to the side, and she licked Scarlett's bottom lip, kindly asking for an entrance.

Smiling a little, Scarlett opened her mouth.

Y/N caresses Scarlett's jaw, slipping her tongue inside the actress' mouth. And she hummed when Scarlett moaned, the sound melting into her mouth.

Once their lungs are begging for oxygen, they pulled away.

Y/N smiles, watching Scarlett open her eyes. And it's absolutely beautiful.

"That was..." Scarlett breathes, "Breathtaking." She said.

Y/N smiles, "Happy New Year, Scarlett."

Scarlett smiles, "Happy New Year, Y/N."