Enough For Now

FEW MINUTES LATER

Y/N cleared her throat, fixing her suit. She rang Scarlett's doorbell and stepped back a little.

This still feels weird. Y/N thought while looking at Scarlett's door. The first time she ever stepped there was on New Year's, and she scared the actress by pointing a gun at her. It's funny how their relationship progressed; she's now being invited to come over by Scarlett.

Y/N was brought back to reality when the door opened and the green-eyed beauty appeared, looking stunning as always. And it makes Y/N smile while admiring the actress.

"Hey, Y/N." Scarlett greeted, smiling widely. "You look amazing." She said, looking at Y/N up and down.

"I can say the same thing," Y/N said, smiling. "You're stunning, wow." She said, shaking her head and looking at Scarlett up and down.

Scarlett smiles, blushing. "Well, I put some extra effort tonight." She said.

Y/N smiles and look between the actress' beautiful eyes, "I can see that, are we celebrating something?" She asked. "I didn't bring anything, other than this." She said and showed Scarlett what she's been hiding from behind.

Scarlett smiles widely, "Lilies?"

Y/N nodded her head, smiling, "Lilies. It's kind of... a reference from a movie that I really like." She said.

"Thank you, they're lovely." Scarlett said, smiling and blushing. "Come on in." She said.

Y/N smiles and walked inside. "Thanks."

"So, what movie? Maybe I've watched it?" Scarlett asked, closing the door behind them.

"Imagine Me & You." Y/N answered, "One of my favorites." She said.

Scarlett nodded her head, walking towards the kitchen to put the flowers in a vase. "It sounds familiar, I'll watch it." She said.

Y/N licked her lips, following behind Scarlett. "Sure, and let me know what you think." She said. "So, are we celebrating something?" She asked.

Scarlett hummed, placing the vase where it looks nice. "Perfect." She whispered, smiling.

Y/N smiles, watching Scarlett.

Scarlett turned around and smiles at Y/N, "We're celebrating tonight. I cooked dinner." She said.

"What's the occasion?" Y/N asked, confused.

"Well," Scarlett bit her lip, blushing.

Y/N raised an eyebrow, smiling. "What?"

"I just..." Scarlett licked her lips, "You're super busy and I know it's tiring, so I decided to do something nice for you. And also, since it's our own celebration of New Year's, you know, since we didn't get to really celebrate it." She said, smiling.

Y/N's heart melted, and she walked towards Scarlett.

"I know we're late to celebrate it, but I just—" Scarlett stopped talking when Y/N wrapped her arms around her waist, and pulling her closer. She look between Y/N's eyes, blushing.

Y/N smiles, looking down at Scarlett since she's taller. She licked her lips, "That's sweet, Scarlett. Thank you." She whispered.

Scarlett blinked, "A-Anything for you, Y/N." She said, stuttering as her heart beats faster with how close they are to each other.

Y/N glanced at Scarlett's lips, smiling. Then she look back into her eyes, "Dinner, then?"

Scarlett gulped and nodded her head, "Yes, d-dinner." She said.

"After you, love." Y/N whispered and let go of Scarlett.

Scarlett obeyed, biting her lip and smiling.

***

FEW HOURS LATER
— SCARLETT'S POV •

After finishing our dinner, we decided to stay outside and watch the moon and stars. I prepared our dinner at my backyard, I just thought that Y/N might like some fresh air because she's been working all day inside her house. And I can tell that Y/N's enjoying it, the way she's smiling and laughing, it makes my heart beat wildly with happiness.

I accepted the fact that it was really strange how I fell in love with Y/N, the same person that pointed a gun at me, choked me, and scared the living out of me. I've never felt this way before, and as much as I tried to forget her, I just couldn't. Y/N consumes my thoughts; she's always running in my head, it's just impossible to forget her.

And yes, in love. I know I'm in love with her. As weird as this sounds, I think it's love at first sight— even though I didn't see her face that night, her eyes were enough for me to always think about her. At first I thought she was just haunting me, but no. I'm letting myself think about her.

And I know it's strange that I ended up falling in love with her, even when I thought she was just some kind of criminal. Trust me, it's weird for me too. And I tried so hard to push it away, to forget about everything, but it was no use. I keep trying to find that feeling of excitement and thrill— I keep coming back to her. So, I just accepted my feelings for her. And it's the best decision I've ever made, danger and all. I just love Y/N, especially when I get to really know her. My heart breaks for her. How scary it must have been for her. I can't imagine someone going through that horror.

She's not just some kind of criminal or a murderer that finds pleasure in killing people; she's a daughter and a mother trying to get justice on her own because no one else will.

"Hey,"

I blinked when I heard her voice and a hand on my own. I looked at Y/N and smiles, "Yeah?"

"Where did you go?" Y/N asked, looking into my eyes. I can see myself in them. It's like I'm looking at my own reflection. And I can see the beauty and emotions swimming in her eyes; it makes my heart melt. It's beautiful. She's beautiful.

I smiled, "Sorry, just thinking about you."

She chuckled and I can see her blushing, it makes me smile.

"Well, I'm here with you." She said, and kissed my hand.

"I know." I whispered, smiling. "And I'm happy that you're here."

"I'm happy too, Scarlett." She said, smiling.

I squeezed her hand, smiling. I wish she was always here with me, but I know I can't ask her that. So, I'll just enjoy the time that I'm with her. That's going to be enough for now.