Just Look At Me

Author: TW ⚠️ murder, mention of rape, and death of a child.

———

"And they shot my dad." Y/N said, biting her lip.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N." Scarlett whispered, frowning.

Y/N nodded her head, "My dad was a detective and um... and he was investigating something else on the side. He..." She stopped and wiped her tears, while biting her bottom lip. "He's been investigating it for more than two years, and one time I asked him about it but he didn't tell me anything. He said the little I know, the better. For my own good." She said.

Scarlett squeezed Y/N's hand.

Y/N sighed, "When I survived that night, I promised myself that I will do anything and everything to get justice for them. My mom and I barely made it alive... I was lucky that my condition didn't ended up like my mom. I don't think I can do much if ever that happened. But um... when I got better, I did my own research and investigation and I found my dad's files. The one he was investigating." She clenched her jaw. "Turns out, it was an organization that operates all over the world."

"W-What kind of organization?" Scarlett asked, confused.

"They call themselves The Ghost." Y/N said, frowning. "Because no one can touch them, they're almost invisible. Almost. But my dad found them, he was so close to bringing them down but he knew that it wouldn't be easy... especially that the members of it were all elite and important people— senators, priests, businessmen and women, and more. They can bribe just anyone, even the police. When they killed my dad and left us all to die, they took my dad's work, all of the files and evidence that they exist. Everything."

Y/N let go of Scarlett's hand and wiped her tears. "They do bad things, Scarlett. Beyond anyone's imagination. They assassinate people, they sell weapons to terrorists. And they... t-they abduct children— to either rape them or sell them." She said, her heart shattering.

Scarlett's tears rolled down, "Oh my god."

"They're bad people, Scarlett." Y/N said, shaking her head, "I trained myself for two years, and I did my own investigation and everything that can help me. I was... I was determined to go after them myself because no one else would. The cops are shits, it's just really up to me." She said. "And I told myself that I won't rest until I kill every single person of that group. Six years... I've been haunting them for six long years."

Y/N took a deep breath.

Scarlett rubbed Y/N's back.

"I couldn't even grieve," Y/N said, frowning. "My daughter..." She whispered, "My little girl died right in front of my eyes. I told her to keep her eyes on me, I said..."

Y/N couldn't believe what had just happened; her dad was dead.

The huge man walked towards Y/N's daughter and stood behind the little girl.

Y/N watched in horror, "N-No, no, no. Please, please! I'll do anything! Please! D-Don't, please!" She said, choking on her tears. Then she tried to go to her daughter but the man behind her hit her with his gun, then he put her back to her previous position.

"Watch." The huge man said, pointing his gun behind the little girl's head.

Y/N looked at her daughter, tears streaming down her face like waterfall. "H-Hey, my love?" She called her daughter.

Y/D/N looked at her mom. "M-Mommy..."

"Oh," Y/N sobbed, but she tried to smile. "My baby... j-just keep your eyes on mommy, yeah? Just look at me, baby. J-Just look at me." She said, crying.

Y/D/N nodded her head, crying quietly and looking at her mom. "O-Okay, mommy..."

Y/N tried to smile, "Good, good. Just look at me, baby."

Y/D/N nodded her head, "I love you, mommy..." She said, wiping her tears. "Don't cry, mommy..."

Y/N's heart shattered. "You're my best years, baby. Just keep looking— no!!!" She screamed in agony, the gunshot still ringing in her ear as she looked at her lifeless daughter. "No, no, no! Oh, God, no!"

Y/N cried loudly and crawled to her daughter, she lifted her daughter into her arms, hugging her. She felt like throwing up, she felt so sick, she felt broken. "My baby... no! Not my baby!"

Another gunshot was heard and Y/N felt a sharp pain in her back shoulder. She gasps, shaking a little bit. She hugged her daughter tighter as she fell to the floor, and the last thing that she saw was...

"The last thing that I saw was my daughter's face." Y/N said, frowning and crying. Taking deep breaths doesn't work anymore; the pain in her heart keeps getting worse. And it doesn't just feel like someone is stabbing her heart physically, it feels like she's slowly and painfully dying and going back to life, only to slowly and painfully die again.

"God, I'm so sorry, Y/N..." Scarlett said, crying too. Her heart feels heavy, she's hurting for Y/N, for her family, for her daughter.

Y/N sobbed, and she started hitting her chest. It hurts so bad that she thought hitting it would lessen the pain— but it doesn't.

Scarlett grabbed Y/N's wrists, stopping her from hitting herself.

Y/N sobbed, getting weak.

Scarlett let go of Y/N's wrists and hugged her, "I'm so sorry, Y/N." She whispered.

Y/N didn't say anything; she just buried her face in Scarlett's shoulder and cried.