Letter

FEW HOURS LATER
— SCARLETT

Everyone left by now, it's just Scarlett alone in her house. She feels weak and couldn't move, she's too hurt and worried.

Looking down at the envelope, Scarlett bit her lip. Sighing, she took the paper from the envelope and unfolded it. There, she saw Y/N's penmanship.

She took a deep breath before reading the letter.

Dear, Scarlett

Happy birthday, love. I'm writing this the night before your day, and just I want to apologize 'cause I know I won't stay with you for the rest of the day. I have to do something, and I'm hoping that this will be the end of it.

I can't wait to continue our story, Scarlett. I'm just so happy and thankful that I have you. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I want to talk to you about anything and everything, and I want to reminisce my past with you. I want to smile and laugh with you. I want you— I want us.

I want to apologize for the times that I scared you, I never wanted to do that. It's just really dangerous for you to be around me and I just don't want you to get hurt because of me. But you're a strange woman and wouldn't leave me alone even after all that I did to you.

We're strange, I know. But I'm happy that we are, who likes normal anyway? It's boring. But hey, I'm happy that you didn't give up on me. Thank you for being there when I needed someone, thank you for always patching me up, thank you for showing me what love is, thank you for inspiring my daughter, and thank you for loving me unconditionally.

I'm sorry for hurting you before, and most importantly, I'm sorry if by the end of my mission, I failed to fulfill my promise to you that I'll come back alive. But you have to believe me that I will and did everything to keep myself alive, because I want to come home to you.

I'm sorry, I really don't want my letter to be like this, but I just want to make sure that I properly get to say goodbye to you.

I really want to be with you, Scarlett. Believe me when I say that I'm madly and deeply in love with you. You're everything that I want. But I'm sorry if I won't be there to continue our story.

Please, don't cry too much, okay? I know this is hard to do, but be happy, even if I'm not the reason. Be happy even though I'm not with you anymore. Be happy because I was a part of your life. Be happy because we had some good memories. And even though we didn't get enough time, remember that I loved you all those times. Be happy, my love. That's all I'm asking.

This is my I'll see you soon and my goodbye.

Love,
Y/N

P.S. It was nice writing our story with you, blondie.

Scarlett sobbed. She could feel all sorts of torture in her heart.

She said that she already accepted the fact that loving Y/N comes with the possibility of losing her, but she doesn't think she can actually live without her. She doesn't want to spend her day without Y/N, without seeing her smile, without looking into her eyes. She thought she could, but just thinking about it breaks her heart.

Please, come back. Scarlett thought, laying down and hugging Y/N's letter.