Good Woman

FEW MOMENTS LATER

"I wanted to take you out to this restaurant down the street, mom. But you know, rules and all." Y/N said, and eating the meal they got from the cafeteria. But it's decent enough considering that this is the best nursing home in the city, and of course, she's one of the sponsors there.

"Rules," Y/M/N (Your Mother's Name) said, chuckling. "When did my daughter starts obeying the rules?"

Y/N swallowed her food and laughed, then she looked at her mom. "Mommy, come on. I'm not entirely a good woman, I know that. But I'm not that bad, I still follow the rules, especially at a place that takes care of my mother." She said.

The reason why her mother's at the nursing home is that she can't obviously take care of her at the moment, and her mom needs to be looked after at all times because of her condition. It was their decision, her and her mom's decision— that it's better for her mom to live in a nursing home while she's finishing her missions.

And, of course, her mom knows about it. About her being a killer and all, she's not against it. She knows her daughter's reason for doing it. And that reason is also what's behind her condition right now; she's practically bedridden now. She was an actress before her accident. She was a legend. But when that night happened, she lost almost everything.

They have a lot of properties that Y/M/N can stay in, but it's more safe if she's in a nursing home with lots of people around.

"You're a good woman, sweetheart. I know you are." Y/M/N said, caressing her daughter's cheek.

Y/N looked at her mom and chuckled, "Mom, we both know what I've done and what I will do." She said.

"And you have your reasons, dear." Y/M/N said.

Y/N's heart shattered. Every time she remembers her reasons for all these killings, her heart always breaks into millions of pieces. But really, her heart is already broken. It's just breaks all over again. And every time, it feels like she's physically dying.

She wanted to die, and sometimes those thoughts and feelings come creeping in. She even tried a couple times before. She just couldn't live after what happened that night. And if it weren't for her mother, she probably would have killed herself by now because she lost a lot that night. She died that night, mentally and emotionally.

Sometimes she doesn't care if she's being careless whenever she's out on her missions, and by now she's not really scared if she'll just die on one of those missions. But she tries her best not to— at least not yet, because she needs to finish her mission.

"I..." Y/N sighs, "Yeah."

"Come here, dear." Y/M/N said, opening her arms for her daughter.

Y/N stood up and sat down next to her mom, she hugged her mom. She feels emotional but she didn't cry, she's not going to cry.

"Can I stay here tonight, mom?" Y/N asked. "I don't want to go home."

Y/M/N plays with her daughter's hair, "Of course, my dear. I missed you, I was going to ask you to stay anyway." She said.

Y/N smiles, "I'm sorry for not visiting you on New Year's, mom."

Y/M/N chuckled, "You sent me gifts and roses, that's enough for me. Besides I know what you did, I saw it on the news." She said.

Y/N looked up at her mom, "Wanna know all about it, mom?" She asked, smiling.

"Of course, I do." Y/M/N said, smiling.

"Okay," Y/N sat up and smiles.

Y/M/N smiles. She feels useless most of the time, but whenever she remembers her daughter, living out there and doing all these missions, she'd have this new strength and will that she wants to live another day. She knows everything that Y/N has been through and what she lost that night, and it also breaks her heart. Her heart breaks for her daughter and what they both lost.

All because of that awful night.