Celebration

"Hey," Y/N spoke, playing with Scarlett's fingers.

"Yeah?" Scarlett smiles.

"Can you stay for a bit? I don't wanna be alone right now." Y/N said.

"Of course, Y/N." Scarlett said, smiling. "I'll stay with you."

"Thank you," Y/N smiles a little, "It's my—"

Y/N was interrupted by the telephone.

"I'll get it." Scarlett said, she kissed Y/N's hand before she let go and stood up.

Y/N just sighed and smiled.

"Y/N? It's Henry, there's a delivery for you." Scarlett said.

Y/N smiles, "Yeah. Tell him to send it up to me, thank you." She said.

Scarlett nodded her head, smiling.

Y/N closes her eyes, seeing her daughter as soon as she did. I missed you, baby. Mommy always misses you. She thought. She opened her eyes when she felt a kiss on her cheek, she looked at Scarlett and she furrowed her eyebrows, smiling.

Scarlett just smiles, looking between Y/N's eyes.

"That was... nice." Y/N said, smiling.

"Yeah? Should I do that more?" Scarlett asked, grinning.

"I think so." Y/N said and giggled.

Before Scarlett can say anything, the elevator dinged and opened.

"Oh, that's Henry." Y/N said and stood up, holding on to her stomach.

"Ms. L/N, this is for you." Henry said, smiling while walking towards Y/N and Scarlett. "Hello, Ms. Johansson."

"Hello, Henry." Scarlett greeted back, smiling.

"Sweet, thank you so much, Henry." Y/N said, smiling and taking the box from Henry. "Oh, I remember that it's your son's birthday the day after tomorrow, right?"

"Yes, Ms. L/N." Henry answered.

"Just take the day off, okay? Take him to that place you mentioned, he'll love it." Y/N said and smiled.

"Thank you so much, ma'am." Henry said with a big smile.

"It's nothing," Y/N said, smiling. "Thanks again for bringing this up, Henry." She said.

"Have a wonderful evening, Ms. L/N and Ms. Johansson." Henry said and smiled, then he turned around and walked away.

"What's that?" Scarlett asked, pointing to the box.

Y/N sat down, placing the box on the coffee table. "Open it and be careful."

Scarlett nodded her head and carefully open the box, she looked inside and frowned. "Y/N, this is a Black Widow birthday cake." She said and looked at Y/N.

"It's my daughter's birthday today." Y/N said, smiling a little.

"Really?" Scarlett asked.

Y/N nodded her head, smiling a little, "Yeah. She'd be thirteen years old today." She said, getting teary. "She said she wanted to have a Black Widow cake for her next birthday, but that didn't happen. So, every year, I would get her a Black Widow cake."

Scarlett smiles and held Y/N's hand, "You're an amazing mother, Y/N."

"I tried." Y/N said, looking down. "I really tried."

"Come on," Scarlett said, squeezing Y/N's hand. "Let's celebrate her birthday." She said, smiling.

Y/N smiles, taking a deep breath. "Okay."

— after some time of Scarlett's going back and forth the house and decorating the living room with the little things she could find, they settled and ate the cake while talking about Y/D/N and everything that she liked when she was alive.

"And she liked going to the beach, running around while feeling the sand in her cute little feet." Y/N said, smiling. "But every time the sun went down, whatever she was doing would come to a halt, and she'd come and sit on my lap while we both watched the sunset."

Scarlett smiles, "That's lovely."

"Yeah," Y/N said, "But it's not the same as it was."

(Love that song🥹)

Scarlett held Y/N's hand and squeezed it, "You're doing your best, Y/N. Remember that." She said. "And once you finish your mission, I want you to come and find me. Let's continue our own story."

Y/N smiles, "I'd like that."

Scarlett smiles, "So you better come home, okay?" She said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, ma'am." Y/N said, smiling.