News Flash

FEW MOMENTS LATER
— SCARLETT

Scarlett dropped herself onto the couch, sighing deeply. She thought about going to the party with her Avengers family but she's really not in the mood for that. And she still couldn't pinpoint her emotions and feelings, and as much as she wanted to forget what happened a few minutes ago, she couldn't.

That woman is haunting her and every time she closes her eyes, she can see the woman's eyes and the way they stare back at her. Then she'd remember being held at gunpoint earlier by the same woman who was haunting her with those eyes. She doesn't know what to think or feel.

"Fuck," Scarlett groaned, sighing. "Get out of my fucking head." She said, frowning and running a hand through her hair.

Taking a deep breath, Scarlett grabbed the remote, turning on the television. As soon as it turned on, the news was playing.

"News Flash: people were found dead at the senator's private New Year's party. It's been confirmed by the authorities that the senator was found dead, six of his guards and many more men were also been killed at the party. The authorities are looking into it, but the Chief of Police said that it was linked to the past murders of the priests, senators, and businessmen and women. And the police concluded that piece of information because of the suspect's trademark, and that is the expensive looking cloth mask that covers half her face and only her eyes could be seen, and the suspect would always wear one while doing these crimes."

"Oh, God. That's awful." Scarlett said, frowning.

"Witnesses have said that the suspect got a British accent, the police were still not sure what's really her nationality because she's been reported to be having different accents and speaking many languages for the past few years."

Scarlett frowned.

"CCTV footage caught the suspect just for a brief moment but her face couldn't be seen because of her mask."

"Wait, a mask?" Scarlett frowned.

"The police released a picture of the CCTV footage to alarm the public, they said that if people have seen the woman or any woman that has the same clothes, it is advised that it should be reported to the police because the suspect is heavily armed and dangerous."

Then the picture was shown.

"Oh, my... fucking god." Scarlett gasped upon seeing the picture.

It wasn't just a woman, it was the same woman that barged into her house. She knows that for sure, she's seen her up closer.

"S-She was bleeding to death, and t-that was what she was wearing a-and that m-mask... oh my god!" Scarlett said, panicking. "I-I helped a criminal, I-I helped a murder!"

She immediately turned off the television, breathing heavily. Her heart couldn't keep calm, she looked at her shaking hands and cried.

"S-She's a m-murderer," She whispered. "I let her inside m-my house, and I-I helped her. I fucking helped her."

The actress closed her eyes, breathing heavily. Her heart is pounding against her chest, she knows she was a criminal, it was obvious. But she didn't expect her to be a murder.

Someone that actually killed people. A human being. That thought alone gives her chills, but the fact that she was actually face to face with her was even more chilling. Those eyes and the way she didn't scream or showed any emotions that she was hurting earlier is just troubling her mind now.

"S-She could be a psychopath— no, no, no! She is a fucking psychopath! Oh, god. She'll come back and kill me too, s-she... oh, fuck." Scarlett stood up and paced back and forth, "She will come back and she will kill me. S-She knows where I live and she will... kill me."

Her heart sank, finally realizing what happened. Though, what will and can happen scares her more.

Scarlett stopped pacing and dropped herself back onto the couch, she stared at the blank screen of her television and gulped. She doesn't really know what will happen now, but one thing's for sure, her life will never be the same again.

———

Author: Just trying something out again🥰 some part of this story will be based/inspired by the show Killing Eve. I fucking love that show. Anyways, have a great day/night loves❤️