38

ೃ⁀➷

different header this time but that fanart was so beautiful I had to use it! I don't know the artist I got it off Pinterest so if anyone does please tell me so I can credit!!

"Hey! Finally off crutches!" Arai grins as I show up to training, walking normally again with the crutches under my arm (you can never be too safe) and I beam.

"Yes it's such a relief! I still can't train though which sucks!" I whine and Fukuda ruffles my hair.

"You'll be glad to know that when you come back to training, you'll be pushed harder than everyone else," he winks before walking away and I slump my shoulder.

"Yay," I say sarcastically making Arai snicker.

"Arai! Laps!" Coach scolds as everyone has started running the warm up laps, except Arai who quickly runs off. "It's good to see you off the crutches," he says to me and I nod. "Continue to take it easy, we want you to heal as quick as possible. Just stretch it out for today," he walks away and I nod.

I spent the entire training 'stretching'. By stretching I mainly just sat there and watched longingly at everyone else training. They finish up, and I walk slowly by Arai while keeping my eyes on the field.

"So you heading home now?" He says but I don't reply. "Shibuki?" He snaps his fingers in my face and I flinch, snapping out of it.

"What?" I say and he sighs.

"Are you going home now?" I shuffle my feet, an idea forming in my head.

"Uh actually, I'm gonna go to the volleyball and wait for Tsukishima!" I say and he shrugs, waving goodbye as he walks off.

I wait for him to be out of my sight, before hurrying back to the field. Grinning to myself, I kick my school shoes off and slip on my runners, taking off my jumper and walking over to the track with my timer in hand.

I take a deep breath, nervously doing a quick stretch and resetting the timer. This is not a good idea at all, but I don't care. I can't be left behind, I can't loose track otherwise... I'll feel like I've lost myself. I touch the ground with my fingers, steadying my breathing.

As I imagine the sound of a gun, I take off while starting the stopwatch. The cool night air pushes my hair back, making my eyes water from the wind as I beam. You don't realize how freeing running actually is, until you haven't been able to run for days. My leg doesn't even hurt at all, in fact I feel amazing!

I reach the end, panting with a large smile and soft laughs. I check the time, 23 seconds for 200m. That's a pretty good time... but I can't stop. This feeling is addictive, as if I'm going to just go home now. I jog back over to the start, shaking off my legs and touching the ground once more, ready to run again.

"Oi ugly!" Tsukishima's voice yells, and I turn my head to see him running over as I quickly stand up. "What are you still doing here-" He pauses, looking down at my shoes and my slightly flushed expression. "Do not tell me, you were doing what I think you were doing," he says as he narrows his eyes at me.

"W-what do you think I was doing?" I say, rubbing my neck with a lop-sided grin.

"I think you were putting your health at risk, simply because you can't control yourself," I glare at him.

"Ok fine!" He gives me a sharp glare, grabbing my hand and trying to drag me off the track. I rip my hand from him, taking a step back and holding my ground as he glares at me. "Tsukishima just hear me out! I know I'm not supposed to train for another three weeks, but my leg feels perfect! It doesn't hurt at all so maybe it wasn't a tear and I just pulled a muscle or something!" I say and he crosses his arms.