Chapter 19

DOUG POV:

After spending some time looking at her, I decided it was a good time to get closer.

The boys entered the room a while later. we didn't say anything for a while until suddenly, the machine that controlled Evie's heartbeat started to make a really loud sound.

Doctors and nurses rushed in as they pulled us out of the room so they could stabilize Evie.

I just dropped to the ground as I started crying and the boys repeated over and over again that everything was going to be okay.

After a while, the same doctor came out as before.

DOUG: How is Evie?
DOCTOR: Her heart failed, the lack of food and drink makes her unable to recover so quickly by not having the necessary nutrients. (He speak as kindly as possible). DOUG: But is she going to be okay...? (I said while still crying)
DOCTOR: I'm sorry... But Evie went into a coma... We don't know when she may wake up, but you all can stop by to see her. (He speak before leaving)

When I entered the room, I sat in a chair next to the bed and took her hand to start stroking her.

DOUG: Hello Princess... I don't know if you can hear me, but I need you... I need to see your eyes open... (I started sobbing)
DOUG: I need you to wake up to tell you how much I love you... To be able to watch movies... Kiss... Hug... (he began to caress her hair).
DOUG: I don't want anything if it's not with you princess. I want us to finish school... May we live together... May we marry!! ... I want you to be the mother of my children... (sob harder)
DOUG: I want to spend the rest of my life with you, but that can't happen if you don't wake up and recover... (I gave her a kiss on the hand)

When visiting time was over, the boys and I retired to go to Auradon Prep to rest.

I lay on my bed as I kept sobbing. Why this had to happen to my princess, she doesn't deserve any of this. She's already been through too many things...

MAL POV:

When I got to Auradon Prep I went to see Ben. I needed him more than anything right now, this was more than I could bear.

I found him in one of the study rooms that the school had, I walked over and without saying a word opened it while I began to cry loudly in his chest.

BEN: Beautiful... it's ok, everything is going to be fine... (he said as I sat on his lap to hug him better)
MAL: I can't... This is too much for me...
BEN: I know it is, honey... Why don't we go to your room to rest? (he said as he helped me up.)

I just nodded and then we'll head to my bedroom. When we entered, Ben lead me to my bed and had me lie on his chest.

He started stroking my hair while whispering tender things to me until I fell asleep...

CARLOS POV:

Jay and I walked into our room without saying a word. I still hadn't quite processed what had happened.

Evie only deserved good things, she had already suffered enough when she was just a child.

Dude lay next to me while kissing me on the hand. I fell asleep thinking about everything that had happened.

JAY POV:

I lay on my bed without saying anything. I could only think that I failed to protect Evie.

She is my little sister and I didn't know how to protect her as she deserves. I don't know when I fell asleep.

DOUG POV:

Two weeks had passed... The worst two weeks of life. Every day I would visit my princess at the hospital in the hope that she would open those beautiful eyes.

Right now I was next to her, I was sitting next to her with my head on her legs while I sang the same song she always asked me to.

As I sang the last verse of the song, I felt a little squeeze in my hand. I quickly raised my head to see how Evie began to open her eyes.

DOUG: Princess you are awaken... (I spoke as I approached to hug her tightly against my chest)
EVIE: Doug?... (She speak in a whisper)
DOUG: yes princess... It's me, don't worry you're safe now... (I talk while the doctor came in)

The doctor, seeing that Evie was awake, approached Evie so he could check on her. Evie realizing this began to get upset.

EVIE: NOOO!!! DON'T LET HIM GET CLOSER!! DOUG!!! (she started screaming and sobbing as she stretched out her arms to where I was)
DOUG: princess, calm. He is not going to hurt you, you're safe here. (I said hugging her tightly as tears began to fall from my eyes)

I couldn't believe the damage the Evil Queen had done to her. Evie was completely traumatized...

In the end the doctor decided to retire and come and check on Evie at another time. A few minutes later, the boys came in.

Seeing Evie awake, they tried to run towards her to hug her, but I stopped them quickly before they approached her.

The boys looked at me surprised by my behavior, at that moment a male nurse came in to change Evie's serum because she had already run out.

I didn't have time to warn the male nurse because Evie screamed again in fright.

EVIE: DOUG!!! PUSH IT AWAY!!! DOUG DON'T LEAVE ME!!! DOUG!!! DON'T COME CLOSE!! HE IS GOING TO HURT ME!!! I don't want him to hurt me again... (began to sob)

I approached her to hug her while the boys watched everything with their mouths open.

They knew that Evie had been raped several times while her mother had her kidnapped. 

But definitely none expected this at the moment when she will wake up

But definitely none expected this at the moment when she will wake up. This was definitely going to be difficult.

Evie wouldn't let anyone other than me approach her because she was terrified that they would touch her again...

Continue...