Prologue

Year 3435 of the Second Age, a brisk winter's morning, that was when I was born. Year 3441 of the Second Age, I lost everything and I was hidden in a chamber and suspended in time by an ancient magic. Year 2929 of the Third Age, the spell was broken by a wizard, then I found myself in the care of a dwarf who harbored a hatred towards my kind.

"Lessrien." I lower my bow as I turn around to adad. "I'm leaving on a short journey, Fili and Kili will be responsible for you, but I expect you to listen to your Aunt Dis and to Balin as well." Adad informs me.

"Of course, adad." He meets my eyes and sighs.

"I hate leaving you but I need to do this alone. I promise this won't become a normal thing."

"I won't lie and say that I don't hate it when you leave, but I have Fili and Kili to annoy. I'll just do that and you'll be back home in no time." I tell him and he smiles and pulls me into a hug. "Whatever you do adad, just come home to me, alive."

"Always, Little Elfling." He kisses the top of my head. We head towards home.

Year 2941 of the Third Age, my entire world will once again be turned upside down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"You are more precious than any jewel in that mountain, Lessrien."