2

Two
DELILAH

The last place I want to be is back in this God-forsaken hotel. But since I've just quit my boring office job because my married boss kept trying to sleep with me, I'm now trying to scrounge for anything I can get my hands on. Luckily I have enough money saved to keep me going for a few months, but I want to find a better-paying job as soon as possible.

After seeing that idiot who thought sucking his dick would make my mood better, I've been dreading coming back. But it seems to be the only place at the moment that is hiring people. There is a position available as a barmaid and the pay doesn't seem too bad. It's just customers like that man that puts me off. Hopefully, he isn't a regular otherwise he won't have a dick left after I'm finished with him.

It's a shame seeing as he was quite a beautiful man with his sparkling brown eyes covered by some glasses and a freckled face with full pink lips. Such a waste.

The same barman that I saw yesterday is behind the bar tonight wiping down the table with a small friendly smile on his face. It brightens, even more, when he makes eye-contact with me. He runs his hands through his wavy dark blonde hair and stops what he's doing.

"Hi." He greets and signs at the same time. My heart warms at the fact he knows sign language.

"Hi." I beam, taking a seat on the stool.

Unfortunately, five-year-old me was a little too curious about loud noises. My father used to be in a band and somehow I snuck into his studio one time and switched the speaker on. I had my ear pressed up right against it and turned the volume all the way up, rupturing my eardrum in the process. I went through surgery but nothing helped. When I take my hearing aid out and cover my right ear, it's just muffled noise.

School was difficult. I got teased a lot for wearing a hearing aid, told it wasn't normal, but I'm strong-minded. Instead of crying as soon as I got home, I decorated my hearing aids and would walk into school the next day with my head held high, and a smile on my face.

I didn't let anyone walk over me then and I sure as hell am not going to let people walk over me now. Never.

"You hiring, Jacob?" I tilt my head, reading his name badge and flutter my eyelashes. He chuckles and nods his head while drying some glasses with a white cloth.

"Well, that's what the sign says." He nods at the sign behind him which says 'hiring now' in black capital letters. "Do you have bar experience?"

"Of course." I lie.

"How do you make a mojito?"

"With ingredients behind this very bar."

Jacob stares at me in amusement.

"Come round here." My eyes widen.

"You want me to come round the bar? Don't you have to have some sort of license or something?" I have no idea what I am going on about and I couldn't make it any more obvious even if I tried.

"I'm going to show you how you make a mojito." I jump off the stool and make my way around the bar.

From this angle, I get a whole view of the casino, with its black and purple interior. There are purple neon signs dotted across the walls and I'm truly convinced the floor beneath us is made out of black glass with sparkling stars trapped beneath it.

"Sorry about boss man yesterday. He gets carried away, but I promise he ain't all that bad." Now I'm confused. "You look confused?"

"That's because I am confused, Jacob. Who is boss man?"