7

Seven
GUNNER

"I swear man, I didn't do anything! She wanted it, she was looking at me with those fucking eyes—" my fist goes smashing into his jaw, blood spluttering out of his mouth from the impact.

"Don't fucking lie to me, I'm not in the mood." I snarl, yanking him by the collar and shoving him against the brick wall. "Give me a knife, Milo." I hold my hand out but keep my eyes on the man that had the nerve to hurt Delilah.

"I swear, I didn't—"

"Shut the fuck up!" I yell in his face, taking the knife and holding the sharp blade against the skin of his neck. He whimpers like the pussy he is and a satisfied smile morphs onto my face. "You scared? Feel helpless, like Delilah felt when you tried to take advantage of her, then mocked her for wearing a hearing aid? Hmm? She's fucking beautiful with her hearing aid. Say it." I tilt my head, my smile instantly dropping and my jaw clenching.

"I'm sorry. She's beautiful w-with her hearing aid." The poor excuse of a man sobs pathetically and I roll my eyes.

"You shouldn't have done it, now I've got to ruin my nice new shirt." His eyebrows furrow and then his eyes widen when he comes to the realisation. "Please, no, no, no!" I cut him off and run the knife across his throat. Blood sprays out and my lips turn in disgust. I let go of him and he drops to the floor clutching onto his throat. It doesn't take long for the life to leave his eyes.

"Clear this up you two," I instruct Lavender and Milo wiping my hands on the handkerchief tucked in the front pocket of my suit jacket.

I walk through the back door hidden from the public and discreetly walk into the office where Mason is already in, sitting on his desk with a distant look on his face. I'm worried about him. Mason is usually full of life, and always got some snarky comment to say, but lately, he's been in his own head. Deep in thought. His dull eyes look up at me and he frowns staring at the crimson red staining my crisp white shirt.

"You get it done?" He questions and I raise my eyebrows.

"Does it look like I didn't get it done?" He chuckles and rolls his eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night." He rasps, taking his glasses off and wiping the lenses before putting them back on.

"And why is that?" I question in concern, opening up the cupboard and pulling out a fresh shirt. I take the tainted one off and put the fresh one on. As I'm doing the buttons up, I turn back around to face my best friend.

"Just got a lot on my mind, that's all. Nothing serious." He shrugs like it's nothing and it annoys me how he feels the need to keep his emotions bottled up. It won't do him any favours in the future.

"Stop doing that." I grit my teeth while rolling my sleeves up to my elbows.

"Doing what?"

"Bottling your emotions. You know what fucking happened to my little sister, Mason. She didn't talk and now look, she's dead. I won't let the same happen to you. So what is on your mind?" I grab the chair situated in front of his desk and take a seat, resting against the cushioned back.

"It really isn't anything serious. I promise. I think I'm trying to figure out what I want in life but I'm struggling to understand what it is that I want." I nod my head in understanding.

"Career? Relationships?"

"Relationships." I almost choke on my own spit. It takes me a second to compose myself and when I look back at Mason, he stares at me with a faint frown. "What?"

"You and relationships? What's changed? It was only yesterday you were happy to never be in a relationship now all of a sudden you want one." I chuckle lightly.