33

Thirty-Three
DELILAH

"How the fuck did you get him up there on your own?!" Mason exclaims as the three of us look up at the squealing man dangling upside down.

"I caught him coming out of the room he set fire to." I place my hand on my hip, proud of my work. "He is so fucking heavy it's insane." I huff, glaring at him.

"Baby, he's double your fucking size, of course, he's going to be heavy!" Gunner sighs, checking my body over. He lifts my arm and inspects it with furrowed eyebrows, and once he spots the fresh bruise his eyes harden. "He did this?" He whispers lowly, his blue eyes darkening a shade.

"He did." I nod and Gunner slowly nods and takes a step back.

He shrugs his suit jacket off and begins to roll up the sleeves of his expensive dress shirt. Here we go. Now that's what I'm talking about, I smirk to myself. He rears his fist back and ploughs it into the guy's stomach. He cries out at the impact, his face going beet red.

"Who you working for, huh?" Gunner snarls down at him just as Mason comes up from behind me, lifting my arm to inspect it himself.

"Motherfucker." He whispers with a hard frown, then his gaze lands on me. "Why didn't you call us instead of handling it on your own? He could have done so much fucking worse, sweetheart." Mason growls out at me. "He could have killed you." He whisper yells while Gunner beats the man up in the background, the sound of the man's grunts and cries bouncing off of the concrete walls and penetrating the room.

"Mason, I can fend for myself." I cross my arms over my chest. "Is that not enough proof." I point to the dangling man who looks close to death because Gunner is very much losing his shit because of the bruise on my arm. But he would have lost his shit anyway because this stupid man tried to set this place on fire.

"We do this shit together. End of story." He scowls at me, but it is soon replaced with a huge grin. "But I'm so proud of my crazy girl." He winks, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and placing a big kiss on the top of my head.

"Love you." I beam, placing a kiss on his chin.

"Fuck, I work for Alonso!" The man cries "She's fucking crazy. She nearly killed me!" He looks at me with fearful eyes, saliva dribbling from his mouth.

"What?" I fake a hurt expression. "I would never!" I shake my head, pouting my lip.

"If anything, you hurt me! Why don't you tell them how you grabbed me up and locked me in the room you set fire to?" I tilt my head innocently. "Or how you forced your hands down my dress?" The guy's face pales instantly and Mason's body that's pressed up behind me tenses.

"Is this true?" Mason questions the sick man, cracking his knuckles and also shrugging out of his suit jacket. "You did that to our girl. Do you know what happens when someone hurts someone we care about?"

"We fuck you up." I but in.

"Shhh." Mason scowls at me. "We fuck you up." He repeats what I just said and I roll my eyes.

"Give me a knife." Mason holds his hand out to me and I rummage through the pocket of my coat and whip out a small pink, sparkly pocket knife.

"Do you like it? I bought it the other day?" Mason inspects it with his big brown eyes that are shielded by his glasses and his freckled nose scrunches.