Mason confesses he wants Delilah to like him - Delilah's POV

I sigh and rest my head against the headrest of the sofa. For the past twenty minutes, I have felt Mason staring, burning holes into the side of my head as he tries to get closer to me from where he is sitting on the opposite side of the sofa.

Finally, I decided to turn my head and look at him. He smirks and I roll my eyes. "Stop staring at me like that." I huff, but my protests fall on deaf ears with Mason and his smirk transforms into a shit-eating grin. He's doing it on purpose and I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy the way he throws me flirtatious smiles. "Mason stop!" I whine, throwing my head back against the sofa.

The film in front of us is nearing the end. The happy couple smothering each other in affection and I can't ignore the slight stab of jealousy caressing through me. All I want is something like that. A normal life. I run my fingers along my silk pyjamas my bare legs on view and I can tell Mason has been looking at them more than the motions playing on the tv in front of us.

There's no denying how close Mason and I have become over the time we have known one another. And if the Delilah who met Mason for the first time back in the casino heard me say what I'm about to, she would have killed me. But I'm starting to like Mason and find myself wanting to be around him much more.

I glance at Mason again and this time he looks to be in a daze, but his annoying gaze is still on me. "Mason, I'll gauge your eyes out." I pull him out of his trance and he casually shrugs, playing with the drawstrings to his white hoodie that I kind of want to steal for myself because of how cosy he looks in it.

"Kinky." He teases and I roll my eyes, picking up a pillow and throwing it at him. He dodges it with a smug look on his face. I expect him to throw it back like the immature man he is, but to my surprise, he doesn't. Instead, placing it down on his lap. "You can rest your head here if you'd like."

My brow raises. Just when I thought the atmosphere between us was going to be family-friendly, he wants me to rest my head on his lap! And knowing Mason, he wants my head on his lap for all of the wrong reasons, not just an innocent act of me relaxing while he strokes my hair or something.

If Gunner had told me I could do that, I wouldn't have even hesitated because Gunner is much more of a gentleman than Mason is.

"What I'm trying to say is, you can rest your head on my lap in a non-sexual way." He says slowly, calculating every word that's passed from his mouth and it catches me by surprise.

There's a warm smile on his face that he doesn't show so often. It contrasts with his usual smug and arrogant smirks he throws people's way.

I mirror his smile. "I'm wide awake for some reason. I don't want to sleep." I admit to him, shrugging my shoulders and lifting my legs to hug them close to my chest.

Mason's throat bops up and down and as I observe him, I can tell he looks nervous. Mason and nervous should never be in the same sentence, but right now, it sounds fitting.

"You wanna go for a drive?" He tilts his head cutely, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose and I roll my lips, thinking about it. He wants to go on a drive. Will the same thing happen between us, like what happened with Gunner and me that time in the car? How would Gunner feel about me spending time with Mason as I do with him?