12

Twelve
GUNNER

Mason is pissing me off.

I had prepared Delilah some food for her break and he knew that. So why the fuck would he go and get her food?!

Delilah has chosen to have her break in the office with me and I'm not complaining at all. She opens up the box of food that Mason got her and my back straightens when she pulls a face. She pushes what looks to be pasta around with a fork and almost gags. I try not to chuckle as I watch on in amusement.

"What is it, angel face?" I speak up and her gaze shoots to me as I stand up from my office chair. "Tell me."

"I know Mason was being kind about getting me food, but this has olives in it and I'm allergic." I quickly rush over and snatch the container away from her, throwing it in the bin. "It looked delicious too." She pouts and stands up from her seat.

"Where are you going?" I rush out.

"To get more food."

"Wait." I rush over to the fridge that we have stored in the office and rip open the door to pull out the plastic container of pasta that I made her. I may or may have not overheard her telling Jacob behind the bar how much she loves pesto pasta one time — so I made it. "I made you some pesto pasta." I walk over and place the container on the table.

"That's my favourite, how did you know?!" She beams up at me, opening the lid and smiling as the smell of the food wafts into her nose. "It smells so good."

"Let me heat it for you," I tell her and she thanks me with her beautiful smile. So fucking beautiful.

Once I've heated her food, I place it back in front of her and watch in anticipation as she takes a bite. She stops chewing and I instantly grow nervous. She doesn't like it.

"This is amazing! I might have to ask you to bring me food to work all the time now." She says in a joking tone but I would for her.

"I can do it," I tell her, grabbing a chair and taking a seat next to the beauty, our knees brushing just slightly.

She shakes her head. "No, you've done too much for me. I couldn't make you do that." My eyebrows furrow and before I can say anything she continues. "Do you have a girlfriend?" My eyes almost bulge out of their sockets at her question and she doesn't look fazed at all at what she asks as she continues to eat her food.

"No. Why'd you ask?" I tilt my head, taking in every detail of her pretty face. Her soft brown skin and big brown eyes have me in a trance. I also notice the minimal tattoos on her arms, mostly hearts and butterflies. I can't help but smile at the sight. She's so amazingly cute.

"Well this woman came over while I was behind the bar and asked if her man was around tonight, so I asked her who and she went—" Delilah begins to laugh, and laugh, and laugh. My eyebrows furrow. "She said her 'gunny-bun'." She bursts out laughing again and my face heats in embarrassment.

"I don't have a girlfriend, I.... Uh...... it's probably someone I've slept with." I wish I didn't just say that. I don't want Delilah to think that I sleep around twenty-four-seven because I don't.

"It's okay, I don't judge. We all have needs." She shrugs and finishes off her meal. "She was very pretty."

"Hmm." I hum, not interested in anyone, except Delilah— Woah. Except for Delilah. Because lately, she's all I can think about most days since knowing her.

"How do you know Liam?"

"He's a business partner, he deals with one other hotel we have in Barcelona. No idea what he's doing here, just that his husband has left him and I think he's about ready to have a mental breakdown. He's staying in a hotel room for tonight before he causes mayhem." Delilah's eyes brighten.