51

Fifty-One
MASON
Three months later

"Yes Maisie butterfly, daddy's gotta get back in shape for your mummy and daddy. Gotta get these muscles back on track." I flex my muscles as I pump some weights in the home gym while Maisie lays in her little seat, staring up at me with wide brown eyes. "Getting there." She babbles about with a wide gummy smile and I drop the weights to the ground gently and stare at her with sparkling eyes.

My daughter.

I can't believe she's real and I can't believe I'm a dad.

"Jesus," I mutter to myself and pick Maisie's small body up and just hold her in my arms.

She is literally my twin. My mother pulled up a picture of me as a baby and Maisie is the spitting image of a baby Mason. She's fucking gorgeous just like her daddy.

"I'm gonna protect you with my life, little butterfly," I whisper, stroking her growing hair and playing with her tiny fingers. "And your mummy Delilah and daddy Gunner, I'm going to protect you all."

Maisie squeals and kicks her little legs, managing to kick me right in the chest, and let me tell you, she's got one hell of a kick.

"Gonna get you into karate lessons as soon as you start walking," I tell her, igniting a squeal from her again. "Do you wanna go on a jet ski?"

"No." Both of our heads turn, well Maisie has just been able to move her own but I keep her head steady as we look at Gunner who is staring at the two of us with his huge arms crossed over his chest. His eyebrows are raised and he doesn't look too impressed with the question I just asked our daughter.

"She might like it." I shrug, rubbing her back as she starts to snooze on my chest.

"And Delilah would leave us." Yeah, that would not be good at all. "Plus remember what you promised us."

I smirk.

Three months ago

"I've got something to tell you all," I speak out, my voice raspy and disgusting but I need to get this out because I almost fucking died and this is my second chance at life and I'm going to make the most of it.

Delilah and Gunner's faces both fall.

"What have you done now, Mason?! You've been in a coma, what could you have possibly done half-dead?!" Delilah groans and I playfully roll my eyes, staring down at our newborn.

"Have some faith, baby. Jeez." I huff.

"Come on, mate. It's you." Gunner pats my shoulder and I hand him our baby girl and he doesn't hesitate to hold her with the biggest grin on his face, his blue eyes gleaming with so much love and light.

"I almost died."

"Very much aware." I glare at Delilah.

"Look, I almost died and now I'm here alive and breathing. I've got a second chance at life and I don't want to take this for granted. So maybe I should have worded this better, I've got something to ask you." I speak out, climbing off my chair with a pained grunt. Jesus my legs are like jelly. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna suck your dick yet," I smirk up at Gunner, down on my knees in front of him.

"Mason, our daughter is in my arms right now." Gunner deadpans.

Oh shit, yes. I'm a dad now, I've got to be more responsible.

"Mason, get up. You've just woken up." Delilah hisses from the bed and I notice now is probably not the best time for what I'm about to do. But when do I ever do anything right? Never, so why stop now?