35

Thirty Five
DELILAH

Why the fuck am I crying right now?!

I shouldn't be letting a low-life like Damien play with my mind like this.

"Put me down." Gunner doesn't hear me the first time around so I say it again, louder.

"Baby—"

He's reluctant to put me back on my feet, his large tattooed arms tightening around me rather than loosening.

"Gunner, please." He puts me down with a sigh. "Where's my phone?" Gunner pulls it out of his back pocket and hands it to me.

I pull up the call log and wait for the phone on the opposite end to pick up.

"Mi Amor." I shudder at his voice.

"There is no bomb is there Damien?" Mason and Gunner both surround me, their huge forms towering over me, making me feel safe. Both of them are staring at me with furrowed brows. 

"I knew you'd be smart enough to catch my bluff. Does this mean you will be accepting my invitation to play a friendly game of Roulette?"

I scoff and roll my eyes. "You know this won't be a friendly game, Damien. You want blood, we're not fucking stupid." He chuckles deeply and I grit my teeth because he always thinks this is a joke. As much as I hate Damien, there is no denying how smart he is and the three of us have to tread carefully. If Damien has the police on his side back home in England, then it's possible he could have connections here in Nevada.

"So, I'll ask again. Does this mean you will be accepting my invitation, Mi Amor?"

"Hell no!" Mason whisper yells and I hold my finger up for him to shut up. '

"Yes." And then I hang up, the three of us hanging in awkward silence.

"I know you did not," Mason complains turning away from us and throwing his hands up in the air. "I know you fucking did not." He repeats.

"How'd you know he hasn't planted a bomb in here, baby? We don't know for sure, the fucker has barricaded us in." Gunner questions me in a soft voice, but there is a hard frown on his face and I can tell he is pissed off with me, but he's trying to keep his cool.

"Damien likes to play mind games. We're no good to him if we're dead, think about it. He wants to see us suffer. Blowing us up is too easy for him and he's always liked a challenge." I explain and his body relaxes slightly. "We have a week to come up with a plan."

"A plan for our funeral?" Mason retorts and I turn to stare at him. "Why the fuck would you agree to this?!" He shouts and I bite my tongue to stop myself from cussing him out.

"You don't know Damien like I do, Mason," I say calmly, as I watch him roll his eyes at my statement, pushing his glasses further up his nose. They probably keep falling because of all the shit that keeps spilling out of his mouth.

"I don't want to, thank you very much. Now you better call back this prick, and tell him you made a mistake and that we will not be attending his fucked up game of Roulette!" Mason closes the distance between the both of us and stares me down with flared nostrils.

"No."

He smiles. But not the usual annoying, friendly smile he gives. Nope. This one is giving he wants to murder me, right here, right now.

"Don't piss me off further, sweetheart." He rasps, continuing to stare me down and I match his annoyed glare, biting the insides of my cheeks. "You're smarter than this, Delilah." His face then relaxes and he whispers to me gently.