25

Twenty-Five
MASON

"Mason this is crazy! Gunner is going to go ballistic!" An angry Delilah whisper yells at me, looking up at me with wide eyes. "I am not going to a street race with you! And the fact you told me I'd need a gun for it too does not sit right with me and it won't sit well with Gunner."

God, she's so hot when she's angry.

"Relax, it's a little bit of fun." I wrap my arm around her and tuck her into my side where she fits perfectly.

"Do those men that you and Roman keep glaring at have something to do with this street racing?" My face hardens when she reminds me why Roman and I have been standing here watching a group of middle-aged men play Roulette.

They're Alonso's men and what irks me is how they got in to begin with when you have to be a member. They are very much not a member. It seems Alonso is keeping a close eye on us and we'll let him for now.

"No, they don't. I just thought we could have a bit of fun." I squeeze her and she looks up at me pouting those plump lips of hers.

"I'm going to assume this is illegal." She deadpans.

"Damn right." I wink feeling her eyes look me up and down.

I'm not in my usual suit, today I match Roman in a plain black t-shirt and cargo trousers. I know I look good and she does too.

"You like what you see, sweetheart?" I smirk and she scoffs rolling her eyes.

"No. You're ugly." I throw my head back in laughter pulling in the attention of Alonso's men.

They're trying to be subtle with their stares but I can tell they are curious about the pretty girl I've got cuddled up next to me. Yeah fuckers, she's mine. My girl.

Jesus Christ! I never thought I'd think that in my mind. Since mine and Delilah's moment in the car yesterday, all I want is her attention. I want her to smile at me, want her to talk to me about her problems. I want her.

"Yeah, I'm so ugly." I retort and she nods her head.

"Makes me want to throw up when I look at your face." And she keeps going. I pinch her hip and nip at her neck causing her to squeal. "Hey!"

"Look. We'll be back in time before Gunner notices. The grumpy fuck is in a meeting anyway, he won't even know we're gone." I throw a warning glare at Roman, telling him with my eyes that he better not snitch or I'll slit his throat.

He scoffs and goes back to looking at the group.

"If gunner finds out, he'll be so mad and I don't want to worry him any more than we already have, Mason." She sighs, nibbling on her bottom lip with a worried look on her beautiful face.

Today she's got on minimal makeup and she still manages to look like a princess. Her curly hair is tied half up, framing her face perfectly and her long lashes— which she tells me are extensions— flutter.

"Hey, when have I ever put you in danger?" I grab a hold of her shoulders and raise my eyebrows at her. She raises her eyebrows back. Right, stupid question. "Technically you've never gotten hurt with me." I reason.

"I know." She nods still nibbling on her lip so I reach up and pull it out with my thumb. "We have to be back before Gunner can even figure out where we've been."

The biggest grin forms on my face.

"Yes!" I celebrate, placing a big fat kiss on the top of her head. "That's my girl." I wink and she smiles, nudging me with her shoulder.