20

Twenty
DELILAH

I don't feel scared. I don't feel worried. All that I feel at this very moment is anger.

And a lot of it.

"A lot of packaging for something so small?" Gunner rasps, and I can feel him from the corner of my eye still looking at me in concern. But my main focus is on the squared-shaped jewellery box that is open, revealing a diamond necklace worth millions.

You wanna know how I know it's worth millions? It was given to me by a man. A certain billionaire to be precise. Well I wouldn't say it was given. The only thing different about this necklace is the new sprinkle of colour. Can't say I'm a fan. Especially because it's not paint. It's blood.

"From the looks on your faces, it's not a head. That's a shame." The deep voice of Mason sighs behind me and I roll my eyes. "All the dramatics for a shitty piece of jewellery."

"It's not just a shitty piece of jewellery," I whisper, averting my eyes to look up at Mason. His dick is not far from my crouched position right now. If I 'accidentally' fell forward I would— okay that's enough Delilah. We are in a serious situation here.

"What is it?" Gunner questions, his tone all deep and serious. His gaze is just as intense and his sea-blue eyes are telling me he is not in the mood to joke around. Serious Gunner turns me on. A lot!

I stand up to my full height and brush my hands down my bare thighs. The dress I thought was a good idea to wear is feeling too short in this situation. "You know what? I have no clue." I release what sounds like half a nervous laugh and the rest a pig snorting. "So weird right?"

"Clear the room." Gunner demands and I go to leave the room along with the others, but a strong arm pulls me back into a hard chest. A set of lips leans down by my ear.

"Not you, baby girl." Gunner rasps in my ear tightening his arm as I watch everyone but the three of us file out of the room.

Lavender gives me a tight smile and a thumbs-up before she rounds the corner.

"I-I..."

"Don't test me right now, Delilah." Oh shit, he called me by my name. Not angel face. He's being serious.

Mason stands tall in front of me, his face is also intense and it's only now I realise how fast I'm breathing from the closeness of both men.

"Where's the necklace from, sweetheart?" Mason tilts his head with a smirk on his face. "Is it from a particular billionaire? I know expensive diamonds when I see them." I gulp and nibble on my bottom lip.

Having Gunner's body pressed up tight behind me is making it difficult to think and produce any words. His muscular, tattooed arm is so tight around my waist I couldn't run, even if I wanted to. I can also feel something else pressing into my back. Something hard. And big. I swallow hard.

"Tell us the truth, Delilah. If you're at risk, I wanna know about it." Gunner rasps, his fingers flexing around my waist and my skin begins to tingle along with other things.

"His name is Damien. We met at a business party for my dad's work. You could just look at him and know straight away that this man knew how to charm women into ripping their clothes off for him. Not me though." I pause. "Well not straight away, because I did eventually...you know... rip my clothes off for him."

"Delilah." Gunner grits, his voice strained and I give him a small smile knowing that I'm going off-topic. "I really don't wanna hear about you taking your clothes off for some other fucker."

"Sorry." I look up, my head resting against his chest and smile. He can't keep a straight face once his eyes connect with mine and he smirks and then avoids eye contact. My gaze shifts to the man in front of me, who is leaning against the desk with his arms crossed over his chest, his expression curious as he looks at me and his best friend.