The Night Damien Caught Delilah Stealing From Him

DELILAH

I exit the bank after just depositing fifty-thousand pounds into my account, a bright smile on my face even though I can feel the presence of someone watching me.

My hand rummages through my bag and I pull my phone out to reveal a message from Damien reminding me about our date tonight. I swallow hard, not having a good feeling. He isn't aware that I've been stealing from him. He also isn't aware that I know that he is a money laundering criminal and probably many other things I wouldn't like to know about.

My phone starts ringing and I release a sigh of relief when I see it's just my mother calling me.

"Hi, mum!" I beam, crossing the busy streets of London.

"Hi, baby. Are you still coming over tomorrow for lunch? I can't wait to see you." My smile only brightens at her voice. I've been so consumed by Damien I haven't had time to see my parents and that makes me feel so guilty.

"Yes, you'll see me tomorrow. I gotta go. I love you."

"I love you too, baby. Don't be late!"

I laugh. "I won't." She really hates late people.

I disconnect the phone and stare at the big black car pulling up illegally in one of the bus lanes. The driver's window rolls down to reveal one of Damien's men. I can't really remember his name, and I don't care to remember. I've only seen him once anyway.

"What?" I cross my arms over my chest as he stares through his black-tinted glasses.

"You are to come with us, Miss Davies." My brows furrowed in suspicion. "No need to question, just get in the car." He's already growing impatient as I stand there in front of the car unmoving.

"I'd rather not." I step back and he snarls, his lip turning down.

"It's an order, Miss Davies. You don't have a choice in this. Damien's words." He huffs, looking ready to get out of the car and manhandle me into it.

"We have a date later. I'll see him then." And before he has room to answer, I'm storming off down the road and between the crowds of busy people. I throw myself into a shop and hide between the racks of clothes, having no doubt Mr No Name has got out of the car, left it parked illegally and is on the hunt for me. And I also do not doubt that Damien already knows.

Especially when my phone starts blowing up with phone calls from him.

"Are you looking for something miss?" A shop assistant asks me, looking me up and down.

"Leave me alone." I huff, peaking up through the rails of clothing to see if Mr No Name is outside the shop.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave." She scowls, crossing her slim arms over her chest. "This shop might not be the place for you." She looks my body up and down and when I observe the sizes of the clothes I'm hiding behind, I realise she's right.

"Not very inclusive anyway. And these clothes,"— I wave my hands around the area as I walk backwards toward the exit. "They're all ugly." She stares at me in horror. Even a few customers gasp at my outburst. Right now I couldn't care less. I've got a big scary man coming after me and what makes it worse, is the fact that Damien has sent him.