3

Three
DELILAH

"Mason, don't start," Gunner says to the idiotic man in front of me with a warning tone in his voice.

"Don't get too excited. I haven't changed my mind and come back to suck your dick." I retort with a sly smile on my face. I have no idea where I am finding the confidence to talk to one of the owners of this hotel like this. It's not like I'm standing in this office waiting to be interviewed for a job.

"I wouldn't want you anywhere near my dick anyway." He scoffs and my eyebrows raise.

"Really? Didn't sound like that yesterday."

"Well, that was before I found out you like to hit men in the balls." My eyes roll at his comment.

"Well, if you weren't so disrespectful, I wouldn't have had to do it. If you're looking for an apology, you won't be getting one." I cross my arm over my chest and Mason's face hardens. He stands up from the chair behind a large desk. Today he is wearing a light grey suit, the top three buttons to his dress shirt are undone to reveal the tanned skin of his chest, the opposite to his friend who is still standing tall beside me.

"How about you get the fuck out of my hotel?" He snarls as I give him a bored look.

"Mason, that's enough." God that deep voice is something else. "Delilah is here for the barmaid job—"

"Nope. Absolutely not. Delilah will be leaving now." Although I'm not surprised by his reaction, I'm left deflated. I mean I probably should have kept my mouth shut, but Mason seems like the type of guy to think he's above everyone else. "Do the right thing, Delilah and leave on your own. Or I'll get security to escort you out. It's completely up to you. Thank you for visiting The Amethyst, make sure to give us a five-star review on Tripadvisor."

"Have you always been such a cunt? I want to know where you got the confidence to act like one." I don't miss the discreet chuckle to escape Gunner's mouth. He's clearly amused, but his best friend very much isn't. He's staring at me like I've just kidnapped his puppy. "What? You don't have anything to say? I don't think that deserves a five-star rating on Tripadvisor."

"Maybe I was right about something being shoved in your mouth. You talk too fucking much. Now get the fuck out." Mason snarls and I smile.

"She stays." Mason's gaze shoots to his business partner. "Delilah has shown how good she is behind a bar. She made us a lot of money in the span of thirty minutes. I think she'd be perfect." Instead of taking in what Gunner has just said, Mason laughs. He releases a full bellow, throwing his annoying head back.

"Are you fucking joking? You want to hire someone who talks to us like that!' Mason throws his arms in the air.

"Just you." Shut up, Delilah!

"Delilah had every right to talk and do what she did to you yesterday. Especially when you're harassing her about doing inappropriate things. There's a time and a place for that shit." I think I'm ready to marry Gunner. The way this man is sticking up for me is turning me on. "Apologise."

"Fuck off."

"I'm being serious. Delilah is going to be working here."

"I am?"

"She is?"

"She's proven she's got what it takes to work a bar. Plus, she makes a really good mojito." Gunner gives me a prideful smile and butterflies swarm my belly at how proud he looks of me.

"I really do make a great mojito."

"You think I care that she can make a fucking mojito?"

"No. But you'll care that she's bringing in more money." I roll my eyes. Of course, he would. He's one of those money-hungry men that care about nothing but themselves.