Eleven

I want to cry. I actually do cry when the members come at the end and give me a group hug. I laugh and tears of joy escape my eyes. Wendy is the first to see my tears and she tenderly holds my face. She smiles wide as she says, "What's wrong, baby?"

"I didn't think they would like me. I didn't think I was going to be here."

Wendy tries to comfort me and this makes me sob even more. I hide my face as I look down and let my dark hair fall on the sides of my face. But Irene holds me and brings me close to her chest. I don't hesitate. For the first time, I let my heart make me wrap my arms around her and let tears out. These tears are warm. Tears I've been holding in for a long time.

"You are amazing," Seulgi says now as she does small chuckles at my tears of joy. "Believe it. We can see it and now they see it. Soon the world will see."

"Let's celebrate for a successful day!" Wendy says with a small clap. "Let's go get kimchi."

"Kimchi kimchi!" Joy happily says. "Baby Yeri? Are you okay now?"

I could stay in the warmth of Irene's arms all day. But I gently pull away and give them all a sweet smile. "Yes. Let's go. I'm just...inconceivable happy."

"Woah!" Seulgi says with wide eyes. "Smart words!"

We all share a laugh and my heart jumps at the feeling of Irene's hand on my shoulder as she guides us back to the car. But we stop when we hear running steps after us.

"Yerim!"

I turn to see Dan catching up to us. He gives the members a bow and then his dark eyes fall on me. He no longer has that cocky look. He gives me a genuine smile as he says, "I wanted to say good work today. I'm glad I got to be your partner. Fellow stars have to stick together."

I do a small laugh. "Right. Thank you. Good work. See you around."

I start to turn with the rest of the members but he gently takes my wrist and stops me. "Actually, I was wondering if you wanted to exchange numbers. So we can check up on each other."

"She doesn't need you to look after her," Irene immediately says. "She has her group."

Seulgi gently slaps her arm with a quiet and surprised chuckle. I hear her whisper to Irene, "Calm down."

Dan still does a small chuckle and ignores Irene. His eyes are just on me as if there's no one else the world. It makes my heart skip a beat as he says, "What do you say? Let's stick together."

My mind tells me of his disrespect. His eyes scan me without caring that the members are around me. But then my excited heart takes it all in. I also let my eyes scan him and I give him a genuine smile.

"Next time," I softly say and start to walk away with a side smile for him to see.

He seems confused at first until a smile starts on his lips. "Hey! What do you mean? Tomorrow?"

But I do a small smile as I give him one last wave when I roll down the window. The last I see is his smirk but it no longer makes my blood boil.

"Sneaky, little sis," Wendy says in the car. "She pulled a Seulgi!"

I let my mouth fall with surprise at this as Seulgi quietly smiles trying hard to hide her blush. "Wait, Seulgi. Who?!"

"She had this thing with one of the band members by us. But she dropped him before things got serious. She played him."

"I did not!" Seulgi is quick to turn and Irene gives her a small pull on her sleeve.

"No horse playing when I'm driving!"

"Irene," Wendy says with her playful smile. "What are you going to do about that boy trying to get Baby Yeri?"

Irene keeps her eyes forward but she does her small smile. "Nothing. But if he hurts her, I'll hurt him."

We all burst out laughing. Wendy claps and Irene lets her eyes grow wide. "I'm the leader! I take care of all you! My children! No one will hurt them!"

"Unnie," Seulgi says after laughing. "We love you, you know that?"

"Your kids all love you, Irene!" Wendy reaches for her cheek and she slaps her hand away. We all continue laughing as she says, "Can't you see I'm driving? Do you want us to die?"

"Sorry sorry," Wendy says. "I'm hungry. Irene you drive like a grandma."

They all laugh as I say, "She is our mom and grandma all at the same time. The family is complete!"

"Yeah. We got our baby now," Joy says as she takes my hand and intertwines her fingers with mine. "Unnie, they're taking your baby away!"

"No! She's always my baby!"

"Our baby," Wendy says with a playful deep voice to impersonate a dad. I continue to crack up as Seulgi makes other cheesy family references. My heart smiles at this amazing feeling. I don't remember ever feeling like this before.

I'm complete. It's the best thing I've ever done. If only my mother could see this. I'm glad I listened to her.

For once, I was good enough and I got a new melody for my heart to dance to with them.