Twenty Nine

The rest of the shows came so easy for me now. After living my first experience, I could do this all day and everyday. Though I only say this before the rush disappears because by the end of each show, we are all extremely exhausted.

I think I really like the hotel life. Despite of exhaustion, I still walk around the fancy hotels with a small smile. The members always fall asleep before I ever do. Also, working late messed up my sleep schedule, so I walk around the hotel with awe and thinking of the people I've left behind.

I called Chan at one show. Once I left the stage at the last song, I did a FaceTime with him and showed him backstage. I've never seen him in such awe before. I missed him very much. I kept the sound of his laughter close to my heart towards the end of the tour. I kept his every word echoing in my head, too. I had fun just as he wanted me to.

My mother doesn't like doing FaceTime, but at least she answered. She seemed okay. She did not say much as I went off about my very first tour. She didn't even say she was proud of me. But then Jade explained that she's been very weak lately. It seems like this month hasn't been the best for her.

I swallowed down tears that night and I found Joy walking around the hotel. She couldn't sleep and I let her join me on my stroll. I kept quiet about my mother though. She was telling me how tired she was and I didn't want to burden her even more.

But the pain slowly faded at the last concert. All of it floats away among the crowds of people. I let go of that heaviness when I'm on stage. I shine brighter than the darkness of my past for just that moment under the spotlight. For a moment, it all makes sense. In that instance, I am free...

Then it all comes back to normal. The rush fades away and I'm back on the bus on our way home. We've been away for a little over a month now and homesickness is getting to me. I lean my head on the window and look out with earphones blocking out the laughter and the excited conversations going on. I don't seem to understand why my heart is so blue. It feels like something's coming. It's the same way I felt days before my father left.

I shiver at the sudden flashback of that day, but Irene's warm hand on my arm stops that memory from stabbing me even more.

"Are you cold, Yerimie?"

"I'm okay," I softly say. "Thanks."

"I have snacks here if you want some." I turn to see her rustling through her bag and Seulgi peeks from behind.

"Can I have some?"

Irene nods and immediately, Wendy and Joy also try to peek at her bag. She does her small surprised look when she finds everyone peeking at her bag and does a scoff as she continues to search. She then takes out M&Ms and softly says, "I only have this."

"I'll just have one," Wendy says.

"What color?" Irene says as she puts one in her mouth.

Wendy scoffs. "Whichever." Irene takes out a red one and puts it in her hand.

Joy takes out a cupped hand with a childish grin that makes Irene scoff and put some in her hand. Seulgi takes out two cupped hands together and gives Irene an innocent smile. Irene only returns her gesture with a sweet smile as fills her hands.

Then she turns to me and gives me the bag with her warm expression. My heart shivers for her embrace. I don't know why I'm getting this really bad feeling. It wasn't supposed to be like this by the end of my first tour. But I insist my heart to lighten up with the sweetness of chocolate and the feeling of the members around me.

We finally get home. Gosh. It's been a long time since I've longed for home. Here I am as I flop myself on the sofa. Seulgi also does the same but Irene firmly tells us to take our bags to our rooms. We quickly obey and I drag my feet to my room. Joy lays on her bed with that knowing smile on her face as she looks through her phone. She's been talking a lot with that boy from the BTS group. His members call him V but Joy calls him by his actual name.