Twenty Five

It's Joy's last performance and I watch her with awe. Her performance with Lisa was the best in my opinion. The members clapped loudly at the end of her performance and we stand with the Blackpink members, too. Lisa is so good at dancing and rapping. Joy was the visual and vocals. They were the perfect team to finish their training.

People cheered and gave them high fives when they finished. I watch the same guy from the party gently take Joy's wrist when she passes by. He leans in to softly say something in her ear and she gives him a small smile that makes her eyes tender. She tip toes to say something in his ear and it creates a grin on his lips. She then walks towards us while she intertwines her arm with Lisa's arm. The guy gives her one last thumbs up and cheers loudly.

She easily forgets of him when we give her a big group hug. Lisa walks to her own group so they can give her big hugs and kisses on her cheek. I giggle at this new kind of happiness as the instructor announces the end of performing trainees. Our groups do loud cheers and everyone joins in. The instructors are slightly surprised at our ruckus until they do small chuckles.

"Let's have a celebratory dinner," Wendy says as we head back to our cars. Blackpink members stay close by and I take a quick peek at them as Wendy discusses of her plans to Irene.

The girl that was super drunk that night quickly goes to a guy in a leather jacket with wavy hair cut into curtain bangs giving it a textured look. He has the same porcelain-like features as the guy I caught Joy with at the party. In fact, when Jennie approaches him with a sweet smile, he slightly turns to give her a hug and right next to him is the guy that keeps talking with Joy.

My mind connecting the dots is interrupted as Irene finds Jisoo getting into her car. With hands in the pocket of her jeans, Irene gently asks Jisoo if she wants to join our dinner. I learned they actually live on the floor underneath ours. So Jisoo is quick to get everyone's approval except for Jennie's as she continues to talk to the guy in the leather jacket. When Jisoo calls out to her, Jennie is quick to say goodbye and get the updated plans. Jennie does a small smile and nods before Lisa pulls her into their car with a cheeky smile.

"See you there then," Jisoo says before Irene comes back to the car.

"They're coming?" Wendy says as she sits front seat this time. Seulgi has a proud arm around Joy's shoulders as Irene nods.

Looks like I'll have to ask for another last minute change to Chan. So I quickly step out of the car to let Chan know. But as I approach the entrance, he comes out with two large trash bags. His temples carry sweat and exhaustion runs through his expression. I quickly run to help him out and he is slightly startled at first. Then his sweet smile appears when he sees it's me.

"I'm glad you're here. It's getting pretty busy inside."

My heart shrinks at the genuine stress going through his dark eyes. He stops walking when he sees my sad expression and he does a small scoff. "Another last-minute schedule change?"

"It's because the members are doing a nice dinner because Joy just finished her training. I promise I'll stay extra hours this whole week."

Chan's gaze goes to the car where the members are doing their own things as they wait for me. Wendy turns at one point to look at us with Irene and Chan gives them a small wave. I smile at his respectful gesture as they all wave back.

He does a small smile as his eyes turn back to me. "The only reason why I'll let you go is because someday you'll be super mega rich and not forget I was you friend."

I laugh loudly at this and give him a hug. I don't care if he is a bit sweaty. His hug still carries warmth and sends a sweet shiver down my spine. "Thank you, Chan. I owe you big time."

"Have fun," he warmly says as he starts back inside.

But then my heart makes me look back. Worry flies and strikes my heart to stop racing. "Chan?" He stops at the door and patiently waits for me to hesitantly say, "No matter who I am or what happens in the future, nothing will change, right? I mean our friendship. Fame won't change the way you see me, right?"

Chan gives me his tender look as he smiles as if the answer is obvious. "Yeri. You could be the brightest star in the night sky and I would still see you as the moon that lightened up my sky that night."

I can't explain this feeling. It's a refreshing tingle in my stomach that almost tickles and makes the butterflies inside soar. My heart has begun to sing and I could run into his arms again to let the world disappear. But I only do my stupid giggle and he is still satisfied with that. He gives me one last sweet smile before saying, "Tell Joy congrats for me. I'll see you tomorrow."

I practically float back to the car. Seulgi asks me why I took so long, but I ignore her as my heart sings loudly in my ears. I do a small smile as I look out the window. I even giggle at the memory of those words and Seulgi's attention turns to me now.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you giggling all by yourself?"

"She looks drunk," Joy playfully says.

"Joy should know how that feels," Wendy teasingly says.

Irene gives me a quick look from the rear view mirror but Seulgi has her knowing smile now. She does a small chuckle and softly says, "It's Chan, isn't it?"

I smile at just the mention of his name. My singing heart silences my mind and makes me whisper, "I think I'm falling in love..."