CHAPTER 2: ASSIGNMENT

Please voting and commenting is very important on Wattpad, that's the only way the algorithm can boost my stories. Please vote and comment! ❤

It is dark out when the slaves arrive at the house of Leonidas of Bethillore. The wails that are usually heard from them when they are forced into a new place of dwelling are absent, chains are not even bound to their hands or feet; these slaves are broken. All one hundred of them stand at the foot of the manor in ten rows, looking at the steward to whom they will be answering to.

Clearing his throat, he begins,

"I am Ambrose, the Steward of this manor. Remember what you were taught at the training house, as you will not be spared if you are caught going against any of the rules. Here, everyone is your master, even wearhs of the lowest ranks. You are lucky to have stayed alive for this long, but I assure you that you will get to keep that life once the rules are followed. 

Relationships between your kind are allowed as breeding more will help run this manor but that should not hinder your labor. Your duties may require close contact with Lord Leonidas. Though he feeds, restraints are put in place as a form of training for war, this means, you might get fed on or you might not. As of now, he has prohibited any workers from feeding on you, but that can change sooner or later. You will be fed whenever we feed you. The head maid, Madam Ambrosia, will show you where you will be staying, and on your straw, you will see where you will be working. Now, separate yourselves based on gender and follow her."

Ambrose watches as the humans walk past him, nodding in contentment at their behavior. The training house is getting better, the scent of their blood getting even stronger. He closes his eyes, taking a deep breath, only to snap them back open, when the strongest scent he's ever perceived perches on his nose. 

Turning his head to the oblivious humans, he searches desperately with his eyes to find the one that possesses such a savory yet sweet scent of blood. Sooner or later Leonidas will allow his people to feed, and he must acquire that which has got him questioning his own restraints before anyone else can.

"I'll be cleaning the study," a young woman says looking down at the paper that was placed on her straw bed.

"I'd rather do that. I'm to clean his chambers. It's almost like they want me gone on my first day," another woman says, pushing back her brunette hair.

"I am to cover the library, but I'm pretty sure there will be others. I've heard the library is huge," a light brown-skinned woman with monolids says, folding her paper.

The three women sigh, all taking a seat on the straw behind them.

"Did you hear when the steward said we could 'breed' amongst ourselves?" the woman with brown hair says, shivering in disgust.

"Words I don't want to recall Gisella," the light brown-skinned woman groans, massaging her temples.

"Well, my apologies Greta. I am simply trying to comprehend how that vampire thinks we can 'breed' when there are seventy men and thirty women. They called themselves another word that I care not to recall."

"He definitely sees us as pigs...horses if we're lucky," Greta shrugs, staring at her paper.

Gisella turns to her second friend who appears to have been rereading hers.

"Your assigned location won't change no matter how many times you stare at it, Kharis."

The deep brown-skinned woman looks up at her, a smile forming on her face.

"I'm not the one that is to clean his chambers."

Greta chuckles, patting her friend's shoulder. "You'll be alright Gigi. I know it."