CHAPTER 67: BLOOD

Wilkin takes staggered steps towards Princess Freya.

"You left again"

"I did," she replies.

"It seems you want to die tonight."

"I will not be the person dying tonight...husband."

Wilkin furrows his eyebrows,

"You have never acknowledged me as your husband before," he says, a sinister smile etching onto his face as he steps closer.

"This will be the first and last time," she replies, taking out what the maid had shoved into her dress.

Wilkin follows her movements with his eyes, his smile growing.

"You're here to kill me?"

"I cannot lie," she replies, her face devoid of any emotion.

The elf turns around, walking towards his dresser.

"The feeling of wanting your partner dead has always been mutual, princess." He grabs a bottle and slams it on the dresser, breaking it.

Turning around, his eyes grow wider as he charges at her with his weapon.

Freya side-steps to the right dodging his attack with the broken glass.

"You are drunk, just go quietly."

Wilkin turns violently, charging at her and raising his hand again to strike her. Freya swiftly dodges that attack, using the dagger in her hand to slice his arm in the process.

"Argh!" he groans in pain, swinging his head again in her direction.

"Your movements are sloppy, you are drunk, just go quietly."

"Shut up!"

Wilkin bares his teeth, charging again but dives this time grabbing her middle and slamming her to the floor, the dagger slipping from her hand.

Freya hisses upon impact, shifting her head to the right, as Wilkin tries to use the bottle to stab her face.

The man throws the broken bottle, grabbing her neck, and squeezing as hard as he possibly can.

Freya struggles to breathe as her husband's murderous look shows he really wants her dead...perfect.

She reaches into her dress while suppressing the pain, and brings out another dagger, immediately stabbing his eye.

Wilkin yells, falling off her, his hands shaking as he touches around his injured right eye. Freya turns, coughing hard as air rushes back into her lungs.

"Guards! Guards!" the man yells.

"Princess Freya is trying to kill me!"

Freya stands, grabbing the dagger that first dropped to the floor, and turns to him.

"You should have left quietly."

Wilkin scrambles to his feet, rushing to the bed, but trips on a bottle. He uses his hands to hold the bedpost, preventing the dagger in his eye from colliding with anything.

Freya walks up to him, his back facing her since he's holding himself up with the bed.

She stands behind him locking his neck in a chokehold, causing him to struggle against her in an attempt to breathe.

"My daughter, Kharis, is alive and well. I told her that you were dying." The woman slits his throat, leaving him to fall to the ground.

She looks at his body, watching the man as he gasps for breath as blood flows from his eye, and neck.