CHAPTER 31: LITTLE DARK-SOULED ONE

Leonidas opens his eyes watching his woman as she caresses his cheek. She chuckles seeing the look on his face.

"A tiger?"

Nodding, she smiles wide, "A tiger."

"How so?"

"Well, when you're angry you can get very...aggressive, and your face is not really inviting."

"Are you calling me ugly?"

"Well...you're not particularly handsome," she continues watching him keep his eyes on her.

"But, I think you're very attractive. Your eyes when they're on me, your hands, your body, I wouldn't have paid extra attention to them if you did not try to have small talk with me a few months ago."

The wearh says nothing, waiting for her to continue, "Your voice makes me shiver, and I love that you listen to me...though it's when you want to."

"Have I hurt you?"

"Is it because of what I said about you being aggressive?"

He nods.

"Well, that's something I am already used to. You're the supreme commander of the king's army after all. You were aggressive with me earlier, but no, you have not hurt me."

"Hmm"

"Kieran...I have always wondered..."

"What?"

"Your name"

"My name?"

She smiles, "Yes, your name"

"What about it?"

"What does it mean?"

"Little dark-souled one"

"Who would name you that?"

"My mother."

This is the first time she is hearing him mention the one responsible for bringing him into the world.

"Well...I love your name, despite the meaning,"

"Yours?"

"Grace"

"Fitting"

Kharis blushes looking away from him.

"Are you getting shy?"

The woman immediately gets off him, his member slipping out of her. His deep chuckle causes her body to feel hot as she moves to ease and clean herself.

This man is something else.

***

Kharis paces up and down, wiping the sweat off her forehead. It has been six weeks since Gisella left, and in those weeks Kharis never experienced her monthly.

How is that even possible?!
If there is something the woman is sure about, it is that wearhs cannot get humans pregnant...or is that just another rumor humans made up?

For the past week, the woman has been experiencing nausea and even threw up right after eating a few times. Luckily, Leonidas was not there to witness any of that, but her friends are a bit worried.

The young woman is also getting repulsed by the smell of certain foods, especially the ones that fish is used to prepare and fish is her favorite!

The chamber doors open to reveal Esme and Greta, who close them right behind their entrance before looking at her.

"Oh just out with it!"

"You're pregnant," they say at the same time. Kharis freezes looking at them...she is probably just hearing things.