CHAPTER 34: THE KING'S BALL

ENJOY THE EARLY UPDATE/ THANKSGIVING CHAPTER!

TRIGGER WARNING!

Kharis got Leonidas to change his mind. She is currently being dressed by Myria and is, unfortunately, having second thoughts.

"How much did you say Lord Leonidas spent on this dress?" she asks, furrowing her eyebrows, and looking into the mirror.

"A fortune"

Kharis knows Myria is just trying to scare her because though the dress is exquisite, it wouldn't have cost a fortune.

"This was the first time he went to one of the most famous tailors in all of Bethillore, the same one that produces dresses for wearhs like the Duchess of Poenaria, Burburn, and even Denaizen!" she continues, adjusting the strings of her royal blue and gold dress.

The dress exposes her neck and shoulders, and was tight from her bust to her waist, allowing the rest to flow, with gold decorating the ends. Myria hangs a gold necklace around her neck, putting her hair into two braids, one on each shoulder, decorating it with gold pieces as well.

"The first time he went to a tailor?"

"Not just any tailor, My Lady. He stayed there for hours too!"

Her words are not alleviating any of Kharis' worries. What if she makes a fool of herself?

No, all she needs to do is smile and keep quiet since Leonidas is the one breaking norms today.

"Relax, My Lady, you're perfect," Myria says with a smile before leaving. Kharis thanks her looking back in the mirror.

The door opens and in walks the being she was just thinking of. He is dressed in his black and gold militaristic attire.

A natural smile forms on her face when she sees him. He stops in front of her, looking at the dress, a slight frown on his face.

"Is something the matter?"

"I do not like the dress"

The woman's smile falls, making her look back in the mirror. "I was told you purchased this, Kieran."

Standing behind her, he turns her to face him. "They didn't tell me your skin would be so exposed."

"It is only my neck, and shoulders," she explains.

"Still..." placing his arm around her waist, he pulls her closer, dipping his head to her neck. "Such attire should be worn for my eyes only."

"Kieran," she whispers, feeling his lips on her skin.

"Hmm?"

"You're a bit late because Myria saw me first."

Leonidas stops looking up at her, making her chuckle. "You look very handsome," she compliments, with a soft smile.

"You said I looked ugly the other day."

"I said you were not particularly handsome, but today you are."

"You are beautiful every day."

Kharis smiles at his words, "Thank you."

"It seems I may have to render every male at the ball blind"

"You don't have to Kieran, I will only want you," she replies, placing her hand on his chest.

He pulls her into a hug, placing his chin on her head. "How is our child?"

"Our child is doing well."

"As soon as you want to leave, let me know."

"I will."