Chapter 3

3rd. Person

"Tonight is a long night but we have another special guest to share their story of the Games. Clear some things. That special Guest is Ms. Kittera Hadley."

Everyone froze staring at the screen as another captured tribute was shown. Unlike Peeta, she seemed to be glowing. Now it was Paul's turn to walk towards the screen to stand next to Katniss who was still frozen in her spot staring at where Peeta was once shown. He kept whispering no, no, no under his breath making the young girl turn to look at the blue-eyed man.

"She looks healthy."

The man looked at the shorter girl and back to the screen where Kit sat in a beautiful white and silver gown. You could see the baby bump which made him smile and the girl seemed to glow. Her golden locks were pulled into a simple braid and the light when it hit it just right seemed to shimmer like glitter.

"Yes, thank you Ceasar for letting me join you this evening."

Kit seemed to be in her comfort zone unlike Peeta but something was definitely off with the girl. Paul squinted at the screen and walked forward before he finally saw the bandage and bruise marks from and syringe repeatedly jammed into her skin. He was quick to storm away from the area making the room look after him as the man picked up and tray and threw it. He was seeing red. The realization that the capital was drugging his fiance. His child. Finnick tried to approach the man but almost got hit by a flying tray.

"Paul! Stop it! This isn't going..."

He didn't finish as the man sat down defeated and sobbed. He looked up at Finn who was looking down at the man in utter confusion. He pointed to his own arm and then back at the girl who was smiling and laughing on the screen. He could sense the tension rising in the room and the anger as the girl defended and bragged about the capital.

"They are drugging her Finn. They are tormenting and whipping her away with drugs. You were right, I wish they were dead. I wish they were all dead!" 

The room was quiet the room stared at the screen still angry with the blonde on the screen.

"I hate to end on a bad note with you Kit, but I do have to ask since the baby did survive the games... do you know the gender yet?"

The two boys snapped to look at the screen. The girl smiled and looked down at her stomach bashfully.

"It's a boy, I only found out a few weeks ago."

The host smiled at the girl and a hint of a smile started to show on the upset man that was sitting at a back table in 13.

"Now Kit, the world has to be curious, do you have a name picked out?"

"Now Caesar, I know that you are the one curious about this, but yes I do. Cato Borris Write. After my boys that have passed. Cato my brother, Borris my best friend...."

The girl paused as her voice cracked.

"...and Paul my fiance."

Everyone in the room turned to stare and the supposedly dead man. He looked at his friend confused. No one was focused on the screen anymore. They were all focused on the man that had tears running freely down his face. He turned to his best friend.

"She thinks I am dead? They told her I am dead?!"

That seemed to be the last straw for the man as he stormed off to his room. Finn sighed and looked at the girl who was staring off after the man in pity. Katniss had many questions running through her head. Why were the two acting like that? Why were they saying the things they were saying? It didn't make sense. None of it made sense. And then it all clicked. She was then quick to run off to find Gale. They were all still trying to survive the Games. They were all still trapped in the games.