chap 2

Swathi couldn't sleep after hearing Vishal's words. She tossed in her sleep. It was 2 in the morning but she couldn't sleep. She just wanted to get out of the room. She thought of cooking as it could divert her mind. So she woke up and left for the kitchen quietly.

Vishal who was sleep woke up due to Swathi's movements. He went behind her. Swathi felt his presence.

" What happened... why are you awake at this time " Vishal asked yawning.

" because of  the doctor who is sleeping in my room " She said walking towards the kitchen.

" I'm right so I won't ask sorry " he said to her rubbing his eyes in his sleepy state.

" I never asked you " she said dismissively.

" why are you going to the kitchen " he asked her as he saw her walking towards the kitchen's direction.

" To cook something to lighten up my mood " She said stopping in her tracks. Vishal clashed onto her as he did not realize her steps being halted.

" what... " Vishal started but he stopped his words as he saw his brother kissing his Anni in the kitchen  and his so called wife is looking at the scene with a huge smile on her face. The one thing Vishal know is that Swathi is a die hard fan of Romance.

Vishal closed Swathi's eyes with his hands from behind her. She tried to pry off his hands and finally she did it.

" Why the did you close my eyes " Swathi asked him irritated

" This is kitchen not his bedroom...let me end this " Vishal said trying to searching for something.  Infact Vishal was jealous seeing his brother so he just want to spoil it. Swathi just did not mind him and resumed looking at the couples in awe.

Vishal took a stone from the fish tank and hitted  a vessel so that it fell down making noise separating the kissing couples.

" Why did you just do that " Swathi asked experated.

" My brother can't romance when I can't " he said shrugging.  Swathi gaped at the jealous guys.

" you are just insane " Swathi told him.

" look still he is trying to romance my Anni ...wait let me show him " Vishak said throwing another stone hitting his brother.

" ouch " Vishak cried in pain as the stone hit him.

Swathi hitted Vishal as Nithya tried to soothen Vishak's pain. Nithya and Vishak left the kitchen with Vishak whining like a child. Vishal grinned as if he won the world championship.  Swathi looked at him as if he is released from some mental hospital.

Swathi started taking the ingredients from the self and placed it near her so that it would be easier to use. Vishal sat on the slab looking at her at times falling asleep too. Looking at him Swathi felt bad.

" come on doctor let's get to sleep " She said leaving the room as she know he will follow her.  They sleep peacefully in their own places.

The next morning everyone sat in the dining table for breakfast.  Vishak had a small bandaid on his head

" what happened to your head Vishak " Janaki asked him seeing the bandaid.

" its not as bad as it looks amma... don't worry " Vishak said dismissing the matter. Vishal smile secretly hearing this.

" Who used the kitchen last night " Janaki asked the children.

" Me " Nithya and Swathi said said in unison.  Vishal coughed his food hearing them.

" You... " Vishak said trying to stand up from his seat but Nithya stopped him.

" Atleast inform me when the ingredients in the kitchen are empty ok " Janaki told them to which they nodded their head.

" Karma is a boomerang little brother.... I will get my chance one day and I will make you regret it " Vishak said smirking. Vishal rolled his eyes at him and left with his bag.....